January 2012 Content Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The warp scar was intended to combat this. If you're hot on the trail of a capper, and they warp, you can go through their warp scar, inheriting their velocity. In addition, a chaser can easily boost nade twice and go 170+, while a capper that warps will add time to their overall route. This gives a chaser/LO plenty of time to e-grab.

To effectively use the warp core as a capper takes skill, trust me. You saw Jicker, a PT who has had experience using the warp core, on Fallout, a map for which he knows routes/passing routes. Chasers will adapt. Give it time.
Even if I had 6 months more experience with the warp than JickerJacker, it would still be hard. Thing is, the warp scars need to be bigger. To ask us go in the same direction and copy the exact same moves as cappers is just ridiculous and maybe ONLY, ONLY Envy can copy the majority of the cappers' moves. This is a 3-dimensional game and going into a cappers' portal that has a limited time and is quite small is just insane. Most chasers use the intercept style which is where you cutoff the capper, the only thing the capper needs to do is warp and leave us suspending in the air. There is now a HUGE gap between the amount of skill required to cap and chase in the Public Test server.

That_Guy

okay the warp thing is cool but i dont really like it. oh and BRING BACK THE CLUSTER!! i'm gonna be seriously pissed if that doesnt come back.

oh and with the warp, you should be able to fire a rocket or something into the scar and it hit them in the back. that could make things very interesting :)

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
1. The cluster was left out by accident, it was just a simple mistake, it's not being removed or anything. Just relax, it'll be added back shortly.
2. Jicker is a great capper and is a PT, he has had a few weeks more time with the warp core than you. He has a better handle on it and what it can do.
3. You have to adjust to using the warp core (and you can only go through the scar if you have the warp core equipped yourself.) Give it time and you will be able to use it.
4. Old hand grenades were imbalanced . New ones are perfectly fine. Adding the old ones would just imbalance that aspect again. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
5. All of this is a WORK IN PROGRESS, everything is subject to change, thats why its on Test and not Live.
6. If you have a suggestion for an aspect of gameplay, don't post it here, make use of the Suggestions Forums
7. Most importantly, quit bitching about new stuff being added to this game, People worked their asses off to add all of this. They encountered near nonstop problems. They deserve a hell of a lot more respect and credit for what they have done. Quit jumping down their throats about it and try actually playing with the new stuff for more than a couple hours. Maybe you'll get the hang of it.

And if you have any questions regarding what has changed feel free to post them here and myself, the devs or possibly other PT's will try to answer them. That is what this thread is for.

That_Guy

also how about the faster you're going, the longer your warp scar stays open? and the way warp scars should work is to start pretty big and slowly close and get smaller. that way its actually like a warp scar!!

This is a work in progress and is subject to change at any time, am I right? No one said they didn't appreciate all the hard time and work spent in here. We just are merely providing feedback and trying to make the game balanced. Why should we all make 18 separate threads about one subject (warp) when the devs can simply answer it here? Again, this isn't pushed to live and the developers can view all of their feedbacks in just this one thread. Otherwise, we wouldn't post the blogs on the forums too.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
This is a work in progress and is subject to change at any time, am I right? No one said they didn't appreciate all the hard time and work spent in here. We just are merely providing feedback and trying to make the game balanced. Why should we all make 18 separate threads about one subject (warp) when the devs can simply answer it here? Again, this isn't pushed to live and the developers can view all of their feedbacks in just this one thread. Otherwise, we wouldn't post the blogs on the forums too.
try actually playing with the new stuff for more than a couple hours. Maybe you'll get the hang of it.

I've played about 20-30 games with it........Which is quite more than what 90% of the community have.

My point still stands, cappers with less skill is more likely to cap than chasers with more skill.

Frost

I like it, play it for a week, and play it in PuGs, then whine about it not -24hours after its release.
Also, to people complaining about jicker: tossing warping then nade jumping isn't really effective. It kind of makes more sense just to toss -> nade jump because a) chasers going his speed can just intercept the flag in the 3 second delay he created, or they can hop in his warphole from standstill and be lined up perfectly with him to chain.

Once you get used to the movement of it, warping will add depth to the game not imbalance

GReaper

Grumpy
The public test channel servers currently suffer from memory leaks. The only server which has enough RAM to deal with this is Hotswap - and even then we can only run a single public test server on it.

Hopefully it should be addressed at some point, but until then we're just running a single public test server.

Fixious

Test Lead
Guzrb.jpg

Royalty

The Aussie
I'm really pissed that you guys gave the most useless weapon in Legions the coolest model...

Also with the new update, do you still have to enter those two commands into your console to make your server visible?

And can you please make it so that you can see Prometheus' face, not so he's hovering 1000 meters above you, but staring at you?

I'm really pissed that you guys gave the most useless weapon in Legions the coolest model...

Also with the new update, do you still have to enter those two commands into your console to make your server visible?

And can you please make it so that you can see Prometheus' face, not so he's hovering 1000 meters above you, but staring at you?
It would be possible to rotate the model 90 degrees, so that he is facing downwards, of course, that would then provide a half-map sky blockout, and create the biggest awesome landing platform ever created.

Status
Not open for further replies.