January 2012 Content Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skutki

The warp core sounds like a DoTA reference :D
It's still possible to warp with the flag, just when you grab it...
Also, cluster? ;/

7-rainbowdash.png

Chained

warp breaks the game. Love the load out screen great job there

Have you actually played in a full game or is that just speculation ? Because we pubed and pugged last night and it did not. In fact , Sharp was a absolute monster at chasing it.

Code:
It's still possible to warp with the flag, just when you grab it...

This is how its intended to work , you get a .5 second window.

Also I have a feeling the shock will wear off and we will remember we have OD loadouts where if you get a clean grab you can do a barrel roll and be home in <7 seconds .

Actually, it is kind of OP.
I request that the devs change the Regeneration Core and bring back the yellow old frags.
It is much MUCH harder to chase cappers such as JickerJacker when they use Warp, and jickerjacker has been throwing flag, warping, nade jumping, and then catching the flag.....It's OP. It is not hard to throw, warp, and nade jump only to catch the flag and have a whole team of chasers suspended in the air. I have not been able to chase JickerJacker down for 40 minutes in the Public Test, NOT ONCE.
I request that the Regeneration Core use a slightly less energy for more health so that we can do atleast one more nade jump. Bringing back the old yellow frag would make chasing a bit easier. I know it may have been OP on dueling, but it can be fixed with some tweaks no doubt. To summarize this, I'm just simply asking for the dev team to have the Regeneration Core "Upped" for something so complex as the Warp.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Great work! The custom load-outs are finally here!
The blaster weapon model is just awesome by the way.

A little patience, and you see what the devs come out with.

Application-1

test bester
Because there is no european public test server atm I will be hosting my server, everyone is getting good ping in it and we already played a few fun games of rabbit with the warp cores. Join us!

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Actually, it is kind of OP.
I request that the devs change the Regeneration Core and bring back the yellow old frags.
It isn't, the regeneration core is actually quite useful, aren't the normal frags good enough for you?
It is much MUCH harder to chase cappers such as JickerJacker when they use Warp, and jickerjacker has been throwing flag, warping, nade jumping, and then catching the flag.....It's OP. It is not hard to throw, warp, and nade jump only to catch the flag and have a whole team of chasers suspended in the air. I have not been able to chase JickerJacker down for 40 minutes in the Public Test, NOT ONCE.
JickerJacker, Jickerjacker, jicker... Gawd! Seems like you wasted your post, ranting about Jicker's capping skills.
I request that the Regeneration Core use a slightly less energy for more health so that we can do atleast one more nade jump. Bringing back the old yellow frag would make chasing a bit easier.
The amount of energy used up by the Regeneration Core enables players to play wisely, it's much more challenging, and fun! Easy isn't fun!

It isn't, the regeneration core is actually quite useful, aren't the normal frags good enough for you?

Try using the regeneration core while chasing, then you'll get my point. Some people prefer the boost, I prefer the normal one. Since we have custom loadouts, I do not believe there is any reason to object to this idea.

JickerJacker, Jickerjacker, jicker... Gawd! Seems like you wasted your post, ranting about Jicker's capping skills.

Clearly it shows me that your just intent on dissing people. I was using JickerJacker as an example. And.....I believe I have unlimited posts >.>

The amount of energy used up by the Regeneration Core enables players to play wisely, it's much more challenging, and fun! Easy isn't fun!

It is great for dueling, but have it do something like less energy if you're going higher speed so that it is on par with the Warp.

Dino

hmm about promethues what command do you have to type in to bring up promethues because in the panel it only shows up with only 3 options and i have also checked the keybindings

Mount turret = ctrl M
I dont think this keybind is working?

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
I understand this is an initial impressions thread, but you guys can't just make statements like "warp breaks the game" after playing with it for a day. Strategies will be created and ways of countering warp passing and whatnot will develop. It's up to us to innovate new ways of using the warp core. I think it adds a brilliant dynamic to the game that will change the way capping/chasing works. Who knows, maybe people will start using warp scars defensively?

Poponfu

Lead Developer
Mount turret = ctrl M
I dont think this keybind is working?

This is a tease for(hopefully) next patch ... they are not quite ready yet.

Strategies will be created and ways of countering warp passing and whatnot will develop. It's up to us to innovate new ways of using the warp core. I think it adds a brilliant dynamic to the game that will change the way capping/chasing works. Who knows, maybe people will start using warp scars defensively?

Envy found one last night where two cappers work together , the first setting the second capper up with a really nice portal to begin a route. Yay team work.

Also , if you guys want to have deep discussions about new features , please start new threads. This is Public Test and we have a few tweaks in mind to balance the new content as you guys explore how it fits for us.

I understand this is an initial impressions thread, but you guys can't just make statements like "warp breaks the game" after playing with it for a day. Strategies will be created and ways of countering warp passing and whatnot will develop. It's up to us to innovate new ways of using the warp core. I think it adds a brilliant dynamic to the game that will change the way capping/chasing works. Who knows, maybe people will start using warp scars defensively?

Thing is, this new update puts an "average" capper on a higher skill level than an "average" chaser. We need updates that has us using more skills, and so far, it's the chasers most of the time. We need to make cappers use more skill. Hopefully, maybe the turret will.

Edit: It has the HoF use more skills too, as if that wasn't enough.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Thing is, this new update puts an "average" capper on a higher skill level than an "average" chaser. We need updates that has us using more skills, and so far, it's the chasers most of the time. We need to make cappers use more skill. Hopefully, maybe the turret will.

Edit: It has the HoF use more skills too, as if that wasn't enough.
The warp scar was intended to combat this. If you're hot on the trail of a capper, and they warp, you can go through their warp scar, inheriting their velocity. In addition, a chaser can easily boost nade twice and go 170+, while a capper that warps will add time to their overall route. This gives a chaser/LO plenty of time to e-grab.

To effectively use the warp core as a capper takes skill, trust me. You saw Jicker, a PT who has had experience using the warp core, on Fallout, a map for which he knows routes/passing routes. Chasers will adapt. Give it time.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Warp is not nearly as OP as things seem. A competent HoF can still knock one out of the sky and disable their warp. Do not forget that warping actually deals 10 damage out of the 75 health to an OR which makes them that much easier to kill. Warp scars launch you out at the same speed and direction as the capper are intended to assist chasers. Also, cappers can't go through warp scars with the flag so they can't build up insane speed with that. Yes, you can warp back behind chasers by tossing the flag and then grabbing it, but you'll lose health in the process, the chasers have the opportunity to go through your scar, and you put yourself farther from your own base. It's not as OP as you might think.

And don't forget that PT's have more experience using it than you guys. Of course we'll have an advantage for a while lol. Jicker just has already been using it, so to declare it OP after seeing someone using it successfully who has more experience with it than you isn't quite right.

In regards to the average cappers now being better than average chasers, you have to consider that it is easier to learn to cap with the warp core than it is to chase against it, but in the end, it's not so bad. Just get more experience with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.