Final Community Size

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
this game will probably be spread by word of mouth, its completely community owned so advertising it would be a waste unless there was something in it for the developers.
This is why we're talking about facebook and youtube. Its free and still gets the word out. As Seymour and Gheist said, it makes more sense for the game to be playable before the community really starts in with the advertising and spreading the word around.

theGOAT

This is why we're talking about facebook and youtube. Its free and still gets the word out. As Seymour and Gheist said, it makes more sense for the game to be playable before the community really starts in with the advertising and spreading the word around.
You said what i was thinking, now is up to the communtity to spread the word by this kind of pages, and when the game is ready lets all make sure to do advertise with something that atracts more people like best fps, stuff that people commonly search for.. :D

Hypnotoad

Youtube would be a great way to get the word out. Especially if one of the well known gamers/directors would find Legions interesting. A few do a "lets play" edition, featuring a variety of games. YT is one of the reasons minecraft grew as big as it did.

theGOAT

lets also try to make places like mmohut places like that to make a new review of the game so that it will be shown and people can look at it

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
A red vs. blue-type machinima, but with legions. I'm just throwing that idea out there as a way to spread the word around. I've had a few ideas for a comedy machinima with little plot but a lot of entertainment value using legions. The cinematography could be a challenge, but if anybody out there has the tech and the time to do it with friends once the game comes out...

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Okay, the community size is at the time of this post, 297 people. We aren't growing as quickly as we did right off the bat, but that's because the people who originally joined up (correct me if I'm wrong) checked IAC's site a lot and then found the message (you know which one I'm referring to), and then went searching around the internet for any scrap of their beloved game to hold on to and managed to stumble across either this site or legionsplayers.com and then followed the link to this site. A few of those are still coming in, but we should start letting people know, and once the game comes out, or a few weeks before the game comes out, just completely go out en masse and really spread the word around like butter on the toast of a butter lover. Lots of it all over the place.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Actually, after joining rates start to trickle down, I'd just as soon say wait until its released for the public so that we can post everywhere, "LEGIONS LIVES!!!!"

LjuboM

yes :)
i tell those people on galcon.com for Legions and whne Leejunz realy come back ill tell about 30 people on facebok(they have al lbeen on IA)
to come and play...
i think that we might reach number of 1000 registered forums users week after game comes back..

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
one thing i do want to know is whether the time trials and tutorial will still be there? they were a bit useful for learning how to ski and a map themed similar to the tutorial would be a beast. (e.g in a massive warehouse)

BestCharmie

one thing i do want to know is whether the time trials and tutorial will still be there? they were a bit useful for learning how to ski and a map themed similar to the tutorial would be a beast. (e.g in a massive warehouse)

I agree! >:3. Meh want tutorial and the time trials. They help a lot.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Honestly, since this is the only place providing up to date info (and still exists), I don't think you'd really even need to grease their palms... Just tell them that IA is down and that this is the new host of it. They'll send in their webcrawlers and voila, L:O is at the top of the search list.