Final Community Size

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Well, its been a day, and we already have quite a few of us here, so we either got lucky and checked on this day, but what about the others that don't know yet. What do you think will come of them?

How many of us will come over and how many do you think will just rage quit out of an anti-IA fury?

How many will come to the phoenix we know as Overdrive?

BeefThief

Beefy Member
I believe that most of the people on the old forum will transfer over. The LOD community could be even bigger if the announcement could be made on the IA blog, but sadly that page is no longer up.

57thEnryu

In the 57th, we have quite a few ppl here (I think 6), but I don't think most of our community has found out about the return of legions yet. Zaha know, and I think Stilgar as well, but we should have ore member joining wither really soon or when the game is actually up.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Well, Seymour plans on mostly relying on word of mouth at this point. I like to think the Legions community will return back to its original size.

When the time comes and L:O becomes more of a mature product, then Seymour will begin to enlarge the radius of his love and net us some new people.

Mahidhar

To tell you the truth, half of the "everyone else" you're talking about, are just waiting for Tribes Universe. Sure, they'll play Legions, if it hits our PCs faster than Tribes. But, the community size, right now, is unpredictable. As for people who don't know about Legions coming back, we'll need to find out who they are and how to get the news to them. Seymour, were emails sent to people about Legions: Overdrive?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
To tell you the truth, half of the "everyone else" you're talking about, are just waiting for Tribes Universe. Sure, they'll play Legions, if it hits our PCs faster than Tribes. But, the community size, right now, is unpredictable. As for people who don't know about Legions coming back, we'll need to find out who they are and how to get the news to them. Seymour, were emails sent to people about Legions: Overdrive?

No e-mail yet, I'd like to get access to IA's e-mail list to carpet bomb the previous IA clientelle with an L:O e-mail.

IzSid

Honored Hero
200 Members and Counting, Considering this what started on Saturday, that is respectable. Dunno how much of that might be spambots though.

Jazcash

Well, its been a day, and we already have quite a few of us here, so we either got lucky and checked on this day, but what about the others that don't know yet. What do you think will come of them?

How many of us will come over and how many do you think will just rage quit out of an anti-IA fury?

How many will come to the phoenix we know as Overdrive?

Well, I was massively disappointed when I saw the message that was left on the IA page when I checked back as I did every single day to see if there were any updates.

I just couldn't believe Legions would never happen again, it was too good of a game to to just disappear, even if IA couldn't make it, I would've thought they'd have sold the source to somebody else or something. In part frustration, part curiosity, I went looking for any other Legion related sites and fansites to see if anything was happening anywhere else. Google led me to http://www.legionsplayers.com/ which then led me to this site. I'd say about 75% of people who now know IA is dead, will not find this site for a long time unless IA mention it themselves.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Well, today, monday, is actually the third (second and a half) day. Anyways, we've got a fair number of people and Legions is a good game period. There may be a few people out there who now have an irrational hate against anything related to IA, but we wouldn't want them here anyways, would we? Once the number of people stabilizes, we should try to start some kind of campaign to let more people know about this game. The more people who know, the larger the community gets and then it should expand nicely.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I'd say about 75% of people who now know IA is dead, will not find this site for a long time unless IA mention it themselves.
I've posted the link for this site on the Actionauts Steam page, that's about 30 people, some of which may already know, but it might be a start. Any other community where actionauts flock regularly is a great place to post this link. If you find a facebook group called something along the lines of "Legions: 2008-2010 :(", go there and enlighten them. It makes the most sense.

Disci

Old man
Social media is so big thing these days, that it will be pretty easy to get the word going around. Also if you make a Youtube vid and tag it with "free fps" it's most probably bring in hundreds of people. We have nothing to be afraid when it comes with advertising and once community gets big enough people who can access even bigger group of audience will notice the game too.

Mahidhar

I like Disci's idea of uploading a video on youtube, with all the tags that your everyday Legions player thinks of. Heh, I'd love to see the people's faces who lost all hope of Legions, just when they glimpse upon the trailer of Legions: Overdrive.