Final Community Size

theGOAT

Hi i've been playing legions since its beggining but i quit for some time due to my computer inaccesibility when i returned legions was down by a week already and every two days i came to IA looking for it, but when the site went down i thought it was the end. And the message that Ia put about torque, i thought the game would only be able to play at torque and by just luck tried to see if the forums were working, and they worked, but it took a while to find this page, i went over some topics and no word until i found one, which had this link. I think theres lot of people looking for something like this, we should put a message in every post at ia saying we should come here.... it will really help
thanks and im glad legions is coming back finally

luiscm97

i think that at the old page put more messages of this page beacause as thegoat said they are many people looking for fallen empire legoions or many people that waited too long fro the game and then they stope searching for it so we coul probably insert vidoeos on youtube for promotion banners on other pages lik more promotion for the page

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Youtube videos would be good, keeping "Fallen empire: Legions" in the tag because that's what people will be looking for, but then put the new information in. Perhaps a teaser, and then a better trailer with a date once the date is announced. Publicity is going to be really key with getting this community and overdrive off the ground. If only it took a combination of spacebar+right click

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Any way we can get out the news to people...

What would be nice would be if there was a mass email sent out by IAC about Overdrive. That would be the only sure-fire way to reach everyone. Sure, not everyone would read it, but it would be something that would have the potential to get everyone.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
What would be nice would be if there was a mass email sent out by IAC about Overdrive. That would be the only sure-fire way to reach everyone.
Regrettably, I think they'd only be able to email the people who signed up for updates after the arcade went down. I figure that would reach a lot of people, but there's the consideration that people signed up because they wanted marbleblast back or something else. Also, many of those people probably check the site regularly and are also probably part of other groups and may even already be on the community, but if you keep checking the members page, you can find that people are still joining fairly steadily. There's a new members thumbnail with several in the past half hour and more in the past three hours, so I think other ways of getting the word out will be just as effective as if IAC sent out an email letting people know about overdrive.

57thEnryu

*Seymour sleepily scratches his tummy*

AKA: No Facebook page created yet. :-P
oh....ok. Well, I bet NOW hes on it. Another way to get some advertising out there, can we create a youtube page? Most games have one, and we could use it to post previews and announcements, etc.

btw, sry about spelling your name wrong, our, not ore.....

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I'm pretty sure that you'll see some advertisement (in form of articles, social media sites, etc.) once the game is playable. Spreading the news and getting the people here, isn't really worth it if they then have to wait. Again. ;)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I'm pretty sure that you'll see some advertisement (in form of articles, social media sites, etc.) once the game is playable. Spreading the news and getting the people here, isn't really worth it if they then have to wait. Again. ;)

Yar, exactly. I think it'd be more beneficial for us in the long run to wait until there's something playable for the masses before getting really aggressive with advertising.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
this game will probably be spread by word of mouth, its completely community owned so advertising it would be a waste unless there was something in it for the developers.