Feedback/Opinions on Gorge

Velocity

I think its a great map, and it has "The feeling of quarry, except better and minus the 80's style lights". The catapults are a great addition... and make chase a whole lot easier, but they don't match the color scheme of the map. But thats is just me being OCD. The bases are in the corners of the map, but that really doesn't limit the route possibilities. The base and tower models are fantastic, good job to the modelers.

So, what are your opinions on Gorge?

Mhi200

Needs a death message for the jump-pads, as opposed to 'XX Cratered' - Not a biggie.
Imo should appear (In some servers) even when there aren't lots of people, for capping prac.

Frost

Raider seems to have a bit of a hard time getting over the wall when using the jump pads (sent to? unchecked) but other than that I like the map. The walls in front of the bases are nice because it really slowly down the game to a nice speed, forcing people to use front-side and pure side routes. The only thing I don't like 100% is that the tunnels leading into the base from the front can't be od'd through efficiently so all the cap routes require relatively no OD skill.​

Redvan

Private Tester
i fail to see the point in the jump pads. They take health and dont give you that big of a boost. It is comical to play LO and MA people right before they go to hit the pad though.

imo dont have them take away health, or at least as much. Or have touching the enemy jump pad take away health, give LO somethin else to look out for.

Other than that, it's pretty cool. Wish there was a server dedicated to it to screw around on rather than having to switch from server to server thats running it. Run a server dedicated to it for a week or so might help bring opinions in a little faster.

moronval

Private Tester
I agree, remove the damage from jump pads and I'll consider using them. As it stands, I'm gaining maybe 2 seconds worth by using them rather than finding the nearest bowl outside my base. That's not worth the health it takes away since (I think) that makes me one-shot bait as an outrider.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
The pads are intended for chasers, not cappers. I had more than a few people ask me how many routes I had using the jump pads - 0. I've used them for chasing several times though, but I won't necessarily seek them out if it's not convenient.

Vinzyboy23

The pads are intended for chasers, not cappers. I had more than a few people ask me how many routes I had using the jump pads - 0. I've used them for chasing several times though, but I won't necessarily seek them out if it's not convenient.
You're right, It's very convenient when you're chasing some one. Same thing for the Overdrive in Sentinels, they take away health.

A2

It's nice. Very nice. Just noticed that Fresh meat invincibility gets canceled if we jump on any of the pads before the 3 seconds.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
The only major problem that there seems to be with the terrain is the lack of front 'egrab' routes. Where you can rocket jump and end up in the enemy base within 10 seconds.

The hills at the back of the bases are ideal for rabbiting and/or turtling

The only major problem that there seems to be with the terrain is the lack of front 'egrab' routes. Where you can rocket jump and end up in the enemy base within 10 seconds.
This is rather a good thing imo. E-grab is more like the distracter in the base gets the flag and throws it away not someone from your base that needs a fast route to the others base so that he can be faster then the capper and so egrab. That would beat the whole point of the cappers route.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
This is rather a good thing imo. E-grab is more like the distracter in the base gets the flag and throws it away not someone from your base that needs a fast route to the others base so that he can be faster then the capper and so egrab. That would beat the whole point of the cappers route.

Well, What I mean by an Egrab is the defenders coming in and performing quick routes to create a standoff situation. The LO's job is return the flag, not fly off, with the flag or without it. The more people you have at the enemy base = the more chance you have to return the flag.

RiPTaCk

I personally don't like this map.

First of all i don't like the terrain. It's not very smooth at some places and has a lot of crater possibilities.This requires skill to ski through but at hectic chasing moments and you hit some sort of little rock standing out, that can be very frustrating.
Also i don't like the idea of the big "hole" in the middle. It only encourages people to use front routes. The map should not say: "Oh theres a large hole in the middle where you can gain speed without using many slopes."
Furthermore, the spawns aren't that good either. If you wanna do some sort of side route, you need to get to the top of the hills all along if you spawn in your base. And if you spawn back at the hills and you quickly need to chase the flagcarrier it takes a while to get it started.
Then the jump pads come in play. They launch you in the direction you go. Its really good for chasing sidewards but if the capper leaves straight to the front they don't bring you far enough without hitting the ground very hard and losing almost all speed.

These are some minor critics from my side. My opinion may change in the near future but these are my first impressions.

A major point in my eye is the huge backhill at alpha (I may be wrong about that). When you have the ennemy flag and your flag is not at home you just get on top of the hill and if you have some decent shooting skills it's almost impossible for the ennemy team to kill you if you're on top of that hill. And you can easily rj you to the flagstand if your flag gets returned.

That's the only thing that needs to be changed if people should figure out how they can use it to their advantage, imo.^^