Auto Zoom for Chain Gun.

Mahidhar

I may be asking for "fantasy" here, but I'm just too curious to know if this could be done. Is there any way that a script or a modification can be made, such that the zoom will trigger itself according to the distance between the player and the enemy?

For example, let's say, that the player is chain gunning the enemy at a near distance, at which he doesn't need any zoom. So now, as the enemy moves farther away from the player, the zoom will activate accordingly. Like, 2x zoom activates when distance > 12m, 4x actives when distance > 35m etc. The zoom would revert back to the next lower level of zoom, again, depending on the distance between the enemy and the player. Although, this will only happen if the player is shooting , and not when he has the weapon chosen, while being idle. If the player does not wish the auto zoom to trigger, he can just override it, by using the normal zooming method.

If he wants the auto zoom back, he can just switch to a different weapon and switch back, and it'll reset. This might prove to be useful for chasers who want to shoot at the capper going away, but got their key wrong in the tension. I personally do not think, it will overpower Chain Gun, but I'm really not the one to say. So, please do post your opinions.

Nvidia

If you could write a script which zooms to the focused player, than you could write an aimbot like that too.
Opinion:
Bad

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
If you could write a script which zooms to the focused player, than you could write an aimbot like that too.
Opinion:
Bad
If the aim bot knows trigonometry, and can tell how fast the opponent is flying.

Also, wouldn't you find yourself getting irritated at this auto-zoom, if you are trying to duel multiple people.

Solution: Don't be so lazy to zoom manually.

Mahidhar

If the aim bot knows trigonometry, and can tell how fast the opponent is flying.

Also, wouldn't you find yourself getting irritated at this auto-zoom, if you are trying to duel multiple people.

Solution: Don't be so lazy to zoom manually.

Hmm... I don't know. I never said it's useful at all times, which is why i mentioned about the existence of trigger. I agree that it's not practical fighting multiple enemies, but it's pretty useful while chasing. And also, even if it is turned on, and you're fighting multiple enemies, you're definitely not doing that from a distance, and hence the auto zoom will not activate, while you're "dm"ing.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Simple idea: a zoom that scans the distance of the aiming enemy that you chase. It's a good idea, but like any idea it has draw-backs too, you might get confused by the auto-zoom(i sure would).
When it comes to the actual script, i way that it involves lots of maths to actually make the zoom activate at the right moment.
If someone can, and has the time and interest to make this, im players will find it handy, but the game should stay in manual-mode, and this feature can be just custom.

Mahidhar

Opinion:
Bad

How can you really relate that to an aimbot function? My idea isn't supposed to give any advantage to aim, it will just take away the nuisance of adjusting zoom, during the fast sequence of a chase.

Nvidia

well the script detects where the enemy player is. so it could also focus him and shoot at him, but i think we should ask someone who has some more knowledge. Mabel, rockey? :p

Mahidhar

well the script detects where the enemy player is. so it could also focus him and shoot at him, but i think we should ask someone who has some more knowledge. Mabel, rockey? :p
I wanted to leave the working of the modification, to the developers/modders, but here's how I see it happening.

Method #1: The whole auto zoom procedure only happens when the player's reticule is on the enemy. But I wouldn't really say exactly the reticule, but a certain radius around the reticule would search for a enemy(since, some people like to keep their reticules, small and simple), then depending on the distance, it will zoom in or out. If you see two enemies, at the center of your screen, the zoom sensor would simply choose the enemy, closest to your reticule.

Method #2: Ever noticed, that you can only see one person's name and health status, at one time? It's because they're targeted by you. So simply, you just target the person, shoot at them with your CG, and it will activate. But, I think we will have problems with the current targeting system, because sometimes, it conflicts with targeting the flag vs a player, when they're really close to each other.