Download Script: Peek a Boo (Zoom Enhancement)

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Version 0.4

Introduction:
Peek a Boo adds some zooming functionality to the game.

Sticky Zooming: Always return to the zoom level you last used.

Zoom Sounds: Enable/Disable

ChainZoom: Automatically sets your FOV to a set value when firing with the chaingun.

TODO:
Binds for insta-zooming to set level.

Settings:
You can change the script settings from your prefs.cs file after you have launched the game with the script once. Look for "$Pref::Zoom::" variables.

Optionally you can change the values in the console.
PHP:
$Pref::Zoom::ChainZoom = "0";
$Pref::Zoom::ChainZoomFov = 90;
$Pref::Zoom::StickyZoom = "0";
$Pref::Zoom::ZoomSound = "1";

NOTE: All features are off by default!

Installation:
Extract the Zip archive to "live" folder. This is where the Legions.exe is located.

No need to set anything read only.

Your Legions must be up to date!

Download Here!

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Updated.

ChainZoom had a few issues.
- If you switched weapons while firing with the chaingun the FoV would stick.
- If you stopped firing and you were manually zooming, you'd return to default FoV.
- If you manually zoomed in and out while firing you'd return to default FoV instead of ChainZoom FoV.

Nash

May i request a "slight" modification (if possible)?

In T2 there was a script called SnipeZoom or something like that. Can't really remember.
Anyways, what it did was if you had the Sniper Rifle in your inventory and pressed the zoom button, it would automatically switch to the sniper rifle.
After releasing the zoom button it would go back to the weapon before. Guess that part could be optional.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Any chance we could see this for the plasma? Seems like a couple of lines of code to do, but I don't know the functions.

Audacity

Could you create a toggle-on and toggle-off function for this script? Like a hotkey that can be pressed in-game to toggle this Zoom enhancement script on & off?

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
It shouldn't be hard. I don't know what the thing is that registers whether something is pressed, held, or released. Otherwise, I'd probably do it in about a minute for you...

Audacity

Well, your obviously the expert here so I'll just rely on you finding out the thing that "registers" whether something is pressed, held, or released.