Who are the best/decent players out there in the Legions community ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so snickered the entirety of Omniscient.

Historically, and for several reasons, Van's been the weakest Omni by a substantial margin. Net issues, ISP switches, an uxorious relationship with his wife - they all took their toll. He certainly held his own against non-Omni vets, but he didn't have our massive dueling advantage. Recently though, I discovered in his mouse settings another particularly pressing issue: his mouse sensitivity was 4-5 times that of my own.

I spin 360's with a couple cm's worth of movement.

Coming from games like UT and U2XMP, I've always advocated high mouse sensitivities for those with the necessary dexterity. Once acclimatized, these players twitch to their targets more quickly and suffer no re-placement delays or disturbances. Not essential in Legions, admittedly, but certainly advantageous in faster games.

Anyway, I assumed Omni players would take this advice with a modicum of common sense. Van didn't, but after having adjusted his mouse properly, he has improved substantially. Last I checked, he was beating the crap out of Outlawl. Eh, Outlawl? Ehhhhh?

I always wondered how someone could be so good at vehicle-based shooters and so crap at Legions.

I agree with the mouse speed.... and dangit it is van you are talking about here..... you have to explain every detail...

The last I saw van he was fighting like a champion.

Here is my list of people that I have the most fun going up against, by that I mean they give me trouble...I am sure there is more but this is off the top of my head.

Nept, van, outlaw, floks, kryst, envy, shade, hades, mable, darklord, Riptack(not sure I spelled his name right...), Twisted, Fatelvis's daughters, and anybody else with a gun.

On a side note: Void is looking very good right now. They are inspiring me with some nice teamwork every time I see them.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Van's always had potential, and it's good to see him realizing it. There's a ways to go yet, but with the mouse changes he'll be better prepared to progress.

I should've noticed the mouse issue earlier, especially with his MechWarrior LL abilities approaching mine; surpassing them, even - at least with the jets. In vehicle-based games, there's often an absolute limit on turning speeds, rendering high mouse sensitivity superfluous. IIRC, Van had adjusted his settings in accordance with those limits (though he maxed flying sensitivity for improved turning).

And yes, I like Void. The maturity of their core members rubs off on their recruits - something that benefits people like Phanakapan. I've seen significantly less pub whining from those vets recruited by Void. Their players also aren't the bouncing-between-groups, flavour-of-the-month type.

OmniSketch

Where is GReaper? He is also very a good player!

Omnis suck. Nept for sure I remember funny old times on IA when I was beating his ass with 130 ping as guest, couldn't stop cry.

PicardPalm.gif

Metreon

I like Void too. They're all chill and generally pretty good players, and they have Lanthus (whom I should also note, in addition to my prior comments, is a very versatile player, who duels very well for one best known as a sniper.)

I do like a good number of the major clans here- though Void in particular is one that runs contrary to the long-standing clan stigma burned into my mind by nearly a decade of Mechwarrior and JKA. I have yet to run across a Void member I disli

Haven't seen Greaper since IA. I also noticed that Style is pretty good in the D-snipe department and am so noting it here.

@mario:
double-facepalm%5B1%5D.jpg

Synista

I'm sorry boys, but MariQo (mario) is one of the best fighters I've come across, EVER. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if he was beating you guys ;)

Abandoned

There are too many players who are good at L:O to pick since most of the legions players are from IA, who waited all this time to get legions back, this kind of filtered out the differences between players.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Fireblasto, no one cares. You weren't even a part of IA comp. The people who were involved moved on a long time ago and so should you. Enough with the hackneyed Eu vs US crap.

Obviously, but I was just stating the fact. Sorry if I trod on some toes in the process.

Moving on.

Propkid

I <3 Mariqo.
And yes, he's silly good. The kind of 'this legions *chocolate cookie* is easy so ima go and quit it' good.

Status
Not open for further replies.