Who are the best/decent players out there in the Legions community ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

poiuyt580

Agreed. He's actually really nice at dueling. We had a free-for-all last man standing a few nights ago and he won most of the time. :D
I won once! But I did hide in my corner crying most of the time, so I don't know if that counts. However, I did beat Angel and Hoji 1 on 1 that time.

Royalty

The Aussie
I think all the non American/ non European players are really good. Considering they have to play with 250 ping when the servers closest to them are empty you have to give them some credit...

Armageddon

Teapot
In that case HardStylePete, The only aussie that has MA RJ off of my head in game. It was a beautiful moment and pretty damn funny.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Hostilities aside, it's interesting to note why Desk's HoF'ing was peerless. His positioning, planning, spatial awareness and reflexes made double/triple blocks not uncommon, sure, but they weren't the real reason.

Desk was the only HoF dueling at Omni-acceptable levels.

Desk could defend himself, with cappers and LO dying as frequently to Desk as they did to our LD. When our flag was gone, he could clear our base of enemies on his own. And he was an asset during standoffs, providing killing power instead of freshly-spawned, invulnerable toss targets (though those were easily provided too).

To avoid adding to the current controversy, I'll cite another HoF as an example - one who's not currently community-active. When Wizard2k was around, a number of vets thought him top-HoF; largely, I imagine, because of his time in tribes. Even assuming equivalent blocking, though, Wizard's usefulness could've never approached Desk's. Why? Because he was not a strong dueler and required constant teammate support. As an LO, you could pick on Wizard until "the cows came home".

Meanwhile, Desk picked on LO.

We didn't recruit Desk because he was a great HoF. We recruited Desk because he was a great dueler who could HoF. (And because we liked him - d'awww)

Metreon

Here are a couple of my superlatives (of those who I encounter often enough to opine on, and whose names I can remember.)
I'm generally on US servers only, and I didn't play Legions often until recently (though I frequented it back in the FEL days.)

Kryst, Envy, Discord, and Lanthus are the best snipers I've run across so far. Especially Lanthus, considering his versatility and dueling skills (and his effectiveness despite the ping he deals with.)

I've yet to meet an Omni that's sucked at anything- they are probably some of the best all-rounders as a clan. Though I'm surprised no one's mentioned Van yet (unless I missed something while skimming this thread.) I wouldn't call him the best at any one aspect of this game, but of the people I run into regularly, he's DAMN GOOD at pretty much everything I've seen him do, and so I'd name him best overall in terms of outright versatility.

The Love Machine award goes to Seymour.

And for my obligatory ego-stroking, I'll nominate myself for best rocket eater. :cool:

Abandoned

I'm getting heaps better at chaining with 200 ping.
Not saying I'm the "best". But some of the decent players out there.

anak

VIP
i was a bad hof because i couldn't duel. sole reason. i never was good at it and never got any good at it.

mod: why did you delete all those posts? contingency really needed to read that. it's annoying that everyone can *chocolate cookies* on anak on the forums with impunity, but any singular attempt on my part to fight back gets deleted within hours.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] mod: why did you delete all those posts? contingency really needed to read that. it's annoying that everyone can *chocolate cookies* on anak on the forums with impunity, but any singular attempt on my part to fight back gets deleted within hours.
I already commented on the "anak-hate-train" before, and expected it to stop with that. Apparently it didn't. So I nuked the whole bullshit as soon as I've seen it (which was early this morning, a few minutes before OmniNept posted). Take stuff like this to PMs, the forums are far better off without it. And by the way, it doesn't matter who gets shat on, at all.

Now back to the silly e-peen jerking that this thread is about...

Disci

Old man
myepeenis9128508625848906250.jpg

OmniNept

Actionaut
I've yet to meet an Omni that's sucked at anything- they are probably some of the best all-rounders as a clan. Though I'm surprised no one's mentioned Van yet (unless I missed something while skimming this thread.) I wouldn't call him the best at any one aspect of this game, but of the people I run into regularly, he's DAMN GOOD at pretty much everything I've seen him do, and so I'd name him best overall in terms of outright versatility.

And so snickered the entirety of Omniscient.

Historically, and for several reasons, Van's been the weakest Omni by a substantial margin. Net issues, ISP switches, an uxorious relationship with his wife - they all took their toll. He certainly held his own against non-Omni vets, but he didn't have our massive dueling advantage. Recently though, I discovered in his mouse settings another particularly pressing issue: his mouse sensitivity was 4-5 times that of my own.

I spin 360's with a couple cm's worth of movement.

Coming from games like UT and U2XMP, I've always advocated high mouse sensitivities for those with the necessary dexterity. Once acclimatized, these players twitch to their targets more quickly and suffer no re-placement delays or disturbances. Not essential in Legions, admittedly, but certainly advantageous in faster games.

Anyway, I assumed Omni players would take this advice with a modicum of common sense. Van didn't, but after having adjusted his mouse properly, he has improved substantially. Last I checked, he was beating the crap out of Outlawl. Eh, Outlawl? Ehhhhh?

I always wondered how someone could be so good at vehicle-based shooters and so crap at Legions.

Metreon

I haven't run into many other Omnis as of late, and he's basically the only one I see with any regularity (since even the FE:L days.) You're in a better position to know than I am.

Still, if he had his sensitivity that high for that long, as well as those other factors, considering all that he still managed pretty well. So while he may not be the best in your clashes of the titans, he certainly manages to kick ass wherever I run into him, in most aspects of the game (though again, I seldom see other Omnis.)

Also, props on your word choice. I definitely concede that if one is sufficiently henpecked, wives and significant others do tend to negatively impact gaming. Hah, I'm surprised he could practice at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.