Reasonable /pricebuild for a computer

RainPilot

stinky bear
Sounds better. You could with a push get a higher spec graphic card, but at the cost of the CPU and Ram.

Also:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png
Really don't want to read all that haha. But yeah, I can always get a nice CPU for 100-200$ when Christmas or something comes around. I think I'm going to spend more money on a case and a mobo since those are the key things for upgrading. I have 500 set side for the computer atm and I'll have 600 in a day or two, but I have 200 of chill money that I can probably add there. So 700 - 800 is the current build. But 550 is always nice.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, get set on a case and mobo, take it from there. You don't really need more than 8 gb either. You can probably go for just 4 gb and get a cheaper price on windows 7 32 - bit.

RainPilot

stinky bear
Yeah, get set on a case and mobo, take it from there. You don't really need more than 8 gb either. You can probably go for just 4 gb and get a cheaper price on windows 7 32 - bit.
Yeah I dunno if fujin will include the OS in the build money or if he has a CD lying around. I was thinking of making it a linux rig but then I couldn't play some of the games unless I twist and run all kinds of things.

I think 4GB of some nice RAM with a nice GPU will be plenty, if I need more I will just buy a stick or two and pop it in. I will post the specs when I get the $$.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
yeah, if your going for a budget machine it's pretty much not worth going to the extra effort to build.

That's not true at all. Buy what you can now and upgrade later. You can get a rig that will run any game out there right now for $500-$600. Looking to the future, and aiming for optimal settings/graphics you can pull it off with $600-$700 (it's just not easy). Plus, anything he doesn't have the money for now, he can just upgrade later. That's what I did, I went mid-grade that could run everything (just not at full jizztastic graphics), and upgraded from there as money allowed.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
That's not true at all. Buy what you can now and upgrade later. You can get a rig that will run any game out there right now for $500-$600. Looking to the future, and aiming for optimal settings/graphics you can pull it off with $600-$700 (it's just not easy). Plus, anything he doesn't have the money for now, he can just upgrade later. That's what I did, I went mid-grade that could run everything (just not at full jizztastic graphics), and upgraded from there as money allowed.

True, there's alot of things you can do from the initial build:

Overclocking
More RAM
More HDD Space
Another Graphic card on SLI or Crossfire.

RainPilot

stinky bear
I have at least another 1000 by the end of the summer (plus the original 750 I'm building on). 60$ will be spent on BF3 and the rest will be for upgrades and a guitar.

AND NO I CANNOT WAIT A FEW MORE DAYS. I CAN BARELY WATCH A YOUTUBE VIDEO WITHOUT MY CPU HITTING 80C (I think the thermal grease melted off which is why it's so high) BY THE TIME I WAIT, IT WILL BE AUGUST AND SUMMER WILL BE OVER.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

easiest way build it with basic HD, motherboard, case, powersupply, 4 gb ram and processor then wait till end of summer to upgrade parts you should be able to run practicle anything with onboard gfx these day...i ran my pc board gfx for 11months and didnt need upgrade but i did upgrade cos i could but thats another story...

RainPilot

stinky bear
Internal HDD space is REALLY CHEAP Sata III 1TB is costing me only £40
I'm never going to go over 100gb. I don't download movies or anime. IF I do, I delete them after I'm done. I don't have tons of music, and the only game I will own is BF2, BF3, and MAYBE legions. I don't buy a lot of games, if I do buy one, it's because dj told me to.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I'm never going to go over 100gb. I don't download movies or anime. IF I do, I delete them after I'm done. I don't have tons of music, and the only game I will own is BF2, BF3, and MAYBE legions. I don't buy a lot of games, if I do buy one, it's because dj told me to.

But it makes sense to have more :/

BeefThief

Beefy Member
nope.jpg

Enjoy have 500gb of either unused memory or 500gb of anime and pr0n.

If I need space, I can make some.
I don't know what I would do without 1TB of storage. Games take up a good 10% of it and then the rest is quickly filling up with footage that I get from said games. But you won't be doing that, so you're fine.

(I'm on your side, bro)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I can't remember what you currently have for a system, would any of those parts be salvageable for your new system? (Or was it a laptop?).

Also, if you're going to have an extra $1000 by the end of summer to add to the system, you'll have a sweet system by Fall in time for all of the new PC releases (just don't spend all of that money on hamburgers!).

RainPilot

stinky bear
I can't remember what you currently have for a system, would any of those parts be salvageable for your new system? (Or was it a laptop?).

Also, if you're going to have an extra $1000 by the end of summer to add to the system, you'll have a sweet system by Fall in time for all of the new PC releases (just don't spend all of that money on hamburgers!).
Famry copooter. 1gb ram, integrated, 20 dollah mobo, out of date cpu, rest is stock stuff. Nothing is even worth salvaging. The ram isn't even good. it's like ddr2, but I'm pretty sure it's bad.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Famry copooter. 1gb ram, integrated, 20 dollah mobo, out of date cpu, rest is stock stuff. Nothing is even worth salvaging. The ram isn't even good. it's like ddr2, but I'm pretty sure it's bad.

Reusing the optical drives could save you $20, there might also be a fan or two in there to help your new system run better. Also, like you said, don't worry too much about HDD space. While I think you'll find 250gb quite restricting once a Steam sale or two bite your wallet, adding a extra HDD is cheap and easy anyway.