[Official] Legions: Overdrive Summer Extravaganza!

Apcizzle

There's been talk about a tournament by a few members. Well with all the interested and it simply being a great idea, myself and ucan have put together some rules and ideas for a legit tournament with a cash prize. Wait what?? A CASH PRIZE?

Here's the idea. $100 bucks is on the line. No buy-in for anyone BUT we would like to see some people donate some money to the prize money to up the ante a little bit. The cash prize can be used for anyone's will... even donate for up keep on the legions server
wink.png

Gameplay:
  • 8v8
  • All of the new content on the public test servers will be used.
  • Default server will the be New Jersey (East Coast) private test.
    • However, if teams decide to play on a different server (as long as its private test) then we can maybe switch the server.
  • Single Elimination
  • Only 1 map will be played.
    • If there is a tie, a tiebreak map will be played.
  • Teams will be chosen like a Pickup (look below for the full idea).
  • Teams will pick sides depending on a coin toss. Who ever loses the coin toss will pick the side for the tie breaker map (if there is one).
  • Map will be predetermined for each round of the tournament. Tiebreaker map will be predetermined as well.
    • Tie breaker side will be determined by the opposite team that did not pick the side in the first map.
  • There is no rescheduling so we can get this tournament moving and not have us wait for a team to get people.
  • Substitutions will be allowed but only if 5 of your original players are on.
    • Subs will be chosen on agreement between the captains of each team.
  • The tournament is planned to be held during a weekend during early afternoon hours (est) and evening hours (euros). We will try to get this tournament done in one weekend - that is saturday and sunday)
Picking Teams:
  • A thread will be made for people to sign up if they're interested. A one week period is given for people to sign up so that way this tournament is a quick mover and people don't lose interest or simply forget about it.
  • People can also express interest in being a captain to pick teams in their post (euro or american or asian)
  • The original post will be update with those who have signed up and we'll put a star next to the people who volunteer to be a captain.
  • Depending on how many people signup, we'll decide how many captains we need and pick through the pool of players that way.
  • After the signup week, the captains will all get together at one time on TS3 and pick 1 by 1 through the list of players.
    • The order of picks will be decided randomly - names will be drawn out of a hat.
  • Once teams are made, the captain can pick an appropriate name for their team and being practicing. Games will start a week following the picking of teams.
Rules:
  • Sniper Limit set to 1
  • No blatant rabbiting to prolong game or prevent score
  • No turtling
  • HoF Limit set to 1
  • Breaking the rules will result in a lose on that map.
Maps:
  • Frostbyte
  • Zenith
  • Fallout
  • Core
  • Elegiac
  • Gorge.
Tenative Times:

Picking teams: August 16 (tuesday) evening
Start of tourny: August 20+21 (Saturday - Sunday) 2pm est

Donations:
Please donate to the cause and help support the cause. All donations will go to the final prize money! Remember, there is no entry fee to this tournament so all proceeds will only benefit you in the long run ;)
Donate by sending $$ to paypal: zackspapa@aol.com

Let the fun begin! You can start by signing up here!

Fixious

Test Lead
I was semi-joking with that comment. Highlighting my entire post has a little present to show my trollish nature when writing it. But still, I've never been a fan of Core. And perhaps it's just me, but I've yet to see a PUG(or really any PUB) on Elegiac where one side didn't completely dominate the other. Hell the first PUG I played on that map it ended 10-1. There have either been really shitty teams when playing on that map, or it isn't balanced correctly.

And if the team can get those updated textures for Sleepwalker I wouldn't mind seeing that take the place of Core. It's underplayed, in my opinion.

Fixious

Test Lead
Why not have a vote with all the maps, and the top 6 (or whatever) will be featured in the tourney? Make it a community decision.

yami

Private Tester
This is truly an excellent idea. I might even say the best thing that's happened in this community in over 2 years. Good job APC. btw where did the money come from?

Apcizzle

You can all thank ucan for the money.

ucan and i came up with the basis of the ideas and rules. I ran it through with a few other people and came up with the original post. It seemed pretty basic and looks like it can work as long as we get this tourny on the road and have enough participants.

-Zero-

aaaaaaauuuuuuuhhhhhhh didn't feel it either.. got lost and usually get exited to participate in this kinda of games but not this time. (not taking part)

Apcizzle

by euro + american + asian i basically mean its open to anyone.

As for the map pick and sides, i should elaborate. The maps will be pre-determined for each round. Sides will be picked by a flip of a coin for the first map. As for the possible tie breaker, the one that did not pick the side for the first map gets to pick the side for the pre-determined tie breaker. Sorry for the confusion.