[Official] Legions: Overdrive Summer Extravaganza!

Gheist

King of all Goblins
well the same goes for everyone else. there is no legit/fair way to fixing this. [...]
Nonetheless you'll have to decide, beforehand. If you really want to run this tournament with mixed (America/Europe/Australasia) player teams, with only one map per match (= no possibility for home/away servers), the decision will surely be an interesting one.

jago

so 2 Sents will be allowed ty for bringing me up to date lol duh don't i feel dumb, sorry disaster my mistake:)

I may have to miss this. 3am on Sunday and Monday morning wouldn't exactly be good for my sleep :p particularly since from past experience, they won't start on time, and it'd probably finish at 5am :p

tyler137

why don't ya just update one of the unused servers to be the tourney server? could be worth a try...plus it would give us a idea on how long this thing will take

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
I may have to miss this. 3am on Sunday and Monday morning wouldn't exactly be good for my sleep :p particularly since from past experience, they won't start on time, and it'd probably finish at 5am :p
GET HARDCORE
monster.jpg

Noober

i've tried to play on american servers sometimes.. i can't do nothing else than try to cap and run, i can't aim well with 160 ping because i'm accustomed to low ping. RL may be used decent but with chain and snipe it's impossible for me to aim right, it's one of reasons why i dont play Tribes2 today.
I'm out :(

Apcizzle

i was the same way in euro pugs noober, but eventually its like anything else and you learn to compensate for the lag and become good.

hell, we have people like karnage who play in american servers with 250+ ping and do an awesome job. The lag adds more of a learning curve pretty much but it doesnt mean its impossible to become good.

Apcizzle

no, the captains will get together in a channel by themselves and look through the list of players. once the teams have been picked, the signup thread will be updated with the teams everyone has been put on.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Double HoF and double snipe is broken. Broken = fun for the winning team. The teams will not have enough time to adapt to overpowered strategies because of the short amount of time they will have to practice.

you'll hear a lot of complaining from people about more than 1 hof and more than 1 sniper. It becomes annoying so the best way to prevent such complaining and guarantee fun is to just limit it. i see where you're coming from fireblasto and for the most part i agree, but it has to be done.

Perhaps double snipe is broken, but double HoF has been used countless times before and not been called "Overpowered" or "broken". Although I am certainly sure that people may find these tactics annoying (AMERICANS) , they are perfectly valid and rarely counted as annoying in the Euro community. Hell, at least minor class overloading is surely less broken than turtling and rabbiting.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, last thing I want this competition to come down to skill of individual players and captain picks alone. I believe that intelligent strategies like double HoF should be used to gain the upper hand over another team. If that other team fails to adapt to that tactic (And I assure you, it does have its weaknesses!) than that captain and team deserves to lose.

Apcizzle

and i'll reply back to the same exact thing i said to you before.

you'll hear a lot of complaining from people about more than 1 hof and more than 1 sniper. It becomes annoying so the best way to prevent such complaining and guarantee fun is to just limit it. i see where you're coming from fireblasto and for the most part i agree, but it has to be done.