[Official] Legions: Overdrive Summer Extravaganza!

Created

Apcizzle, on which server will it be played then? EU, US, Asian, NZ? Or is it to be chosen by the captains, or what? I didn't quite see a rule about this bit.

Application-1

test bester
Ha, gorge every single time!

Also, do you have to use ts3? I know that ts3 makes disci lag but mumble does not (maybe more people have this issue). So is it possible that we pick some teams on ts3 and that then the other team decides to go on mumble or something?

Dacil

The maps will be pre-determined for each round. Sides will be picked by a flip of a coin for the first map. As for the possible tie breaker, the one that did not pick the side for the first map gets to pick the side for the pre-determined tie breaker. Sorry for the confusion.
Unless I.... tell them not to....
so the map is predetermined, and ucan has the power to tell them what map to play first.... and the tie-breaker doesn't make sense b/c there was no team that picked the first map? just trying to understand this.

Apcizzle

Ts3 is not mandatory... it would be nice to see everyone atleast go on and listen to their captain but if it makes you lag or just doesnt run well in the background, then just be in contact with your leader by email, phone or irc and show up on time.

As for maps, each round will have a map selected for it. I don't have that built yet because i don't know how many brackets we will have due to how many people signing up. Each round will also have tie breaker map predetermined. The person who gets to pick the first maps side is chosen by a flip of a coin, much like a pickup. And if there is a tie breaker, the team that did not get to pick a side on the first map gets to pick the side for the tie breaker.

The default server that will be used i'm still trying to figure out. I think the New Jersey (east coast) server may be for the best since teams will most likely have west coast + euros on the same team. However, i think it would be fair if both captains agree on the Illinios (central) server or a Euro server, then they can play on which ever server. I'd like to keep it located in on spot because i can only imagine some people bitchin saying "im not playing if we cant play euro" and then the other team will say vice versa "well we're not playing if we dont play on central!"

What do you think?

RiPTaCk

People will be bitching about the server no matter which one it is, unless 2 matches are played but that will be quite time consuming.

Apcizzle

exactly. i want this tourny to go fast and not prolong through the whole month. The shorter the better because everyone has different schedules. i know server bitching is inevitable so im trying to keep it at one "centralized" location the best that i can.

Created

Well for servers, I don't quite like playing anywhere else but Euro.. High ping servers really knock a lot off my aim and etc, it kills my performance and my personal enjoyment in the game.

Apcizzle

well the same goes for everyone else. there is no legit/fair way to fixing this. It'll always be a problem in video gaming. Its just a matter of if you have fun playing still with high ping or not.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Really good job, got the map list spot on (apart from maybe Core, but it still can be a very nice map) and I was hoping to see something like this for awhile. While it can suck with the servers, especially for Euro's, would it be fair to say that if there are perhaps more Euro's than Americans on a certain team, that they would be able to play a map on a euro server seeing as there are more Euro's altogether?

Only other issue I have is the rule section where it says only 1 HoF and 1 snipe allowed. While I can see you want to restrict class overloading, that's almost making the gameplay boring! There can be some get tactics involving double HoF or even double snipe, especially with the map list you have chosen. My request is to make the class limits extend to 2 snipe and 2 HoF to each team. Otherwise most people are just going to be playing raider all the time when they could be used elsewhere.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Double HoF and double snipe is broken. Broken = fun for the winning team. The teams will not have enough time to adapt to overpowered strategies because of the short amount of time they will have to practice.

Apcizzle

you'll hear a lot of complaining from people about more than 1 hof and more than 1 sniper. It becomes annoying so the best way to prevent such complaining and guarantee fun is to just limit it. i see where you're coming from fireblasto and for the most part i agree, but it has to be done.

Also, i updated the original post with the link to donate to the pot!