Leaving for college tommorow and nervous, Any advice?

RainPilot

stinky bear
Freeman, you consider those grades solid?

I think most of my classes insult me and the teachers are retards. My chemistry and french teachers didn't teach, they just gave out assignments, and the rest of my teachers weren't nice. They didn't even have a correct grading system, I mean I go to a private school and I should at least get some competent teachers that try to tell me there is sound in space and take points off my test when there is no mistakes. I had a 110 in technology and low 90's in history, geometry, theology, and english, for chemistry, I was a mess. One quarter I had a 95, the other, an 80. For french I was 90 in one quarter down to a 76 since the teacher hates my guts when I call out his mistakes, he got fired by the way, but there is no way my grades can be fixed :/

Overall I had an average of 87 for the year which is pretty good considering I didn't study, did my homework in the morning, and slept in every class because the teachers didn't care about us, they just gave out assignments and told us we were idiots.

No wonder other countries call us idiots, our education system is ass backwards and we're the worst at everything.

Also, I'm not sure whether Canada has a track system or they just group the smart kids with the dumber kids. Were you in any 1st track classes?

curser656

It's because I have to be a game dev,it's something I have to do. Up until this point I haven't been able to make my own choices, so if I want to be happy with my life and accept the way I'm going with my future, it has to be made with my own hands. Otherwise, if I fall on my face, I can blame someone other than myself. It kind of is a personal choice I guess... I don't care about making money in life, as much as being happy and having no regrets.

If by first track you mean being in the harder course, yes....otherwise...what.

A fewe of my teacherswere like that, it's not fair at all.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester

I think most of my classes insult me and the teachers are retards. My chemistry and french teachers didn't teach, they just gave out assignments, and the rest of my teachers weren't nice. They didn't even have a correct grading system, I mean I go to a private school and I should at least get some competent teachers that try to tell me there is sound in space and take points off my test when there is no mistakes. I had a 110 in technology and low 90's in history, geometry, theology, and english, for chemistry, I was a mess. One quarter I had a 95, the other, an 80. For french I was 90 in one quarter down to a 76 since the teacher hates my guts when I call out his mistakes, he got fired by the way, but there is no way my grades can be fixed :/

Overall I had an average of 87 for the year which is pretty good considering I didn't study, did my homework in the morning, and slept in every class because the teachers didn't care about us, they just gave out assignments and told us we were idiots.

No wonder other countries call us idiots, our education system is ass backwards and we're the worst at everything.

Also, I'm not sure whether Canada has a track system or they just group the smart kids with the dumber kids. Were you in any 1st track classes?
Canada.

Freeman

RAYTANG

good enough to get him into a decent university solid lol.

from my school, their were "enriched" classes, but those were optional. their wasnt a track system in my school at least.

It's because I have to be a game dev,it's something I have to do. Up until this point I haven't been able to make my own choices, so if I want to be happy with my life and accept the way I'm going with my future, it has to be made with my own hands. Otherwise, if I fall on my face, I can blame someone other than myself. It kind of is a personal choice I guess... I don't care about making money in life, as much as being happy and having no regrets.

Fair enough, all the best! :]

Dacil

you said you don't do homework.... high school you probably could get away with it (although I wouldn't know, since I did mine) so my advice is do it or you'll fail. simple as that in college.

Allahrules2

College is something else. I don't go to college but I know what it's like. I went from being homeschooled to a religious boarding school in Istanbul Turkey (all alone btw). You can get away with not studying in high school because the ramifications aren't that great. But in college your grades matter a lot more.

If you want some advice for studying I have a really great technique that me and my friends use when we are studying arabic, you gather a few friends and start off from one person and explain the topics to each other and reading the text book. Get each person to read the topic you are studying 5 times at the end of the day all of you will have understood the topic comepletely. While someone is reading the others should ask questions to get him to understand and be able to explain the topic. Thats all I can say for studying.

For people I got all my experience making friends with everyone in my school. When i say everyone I mean everyone in the school. The advice I can give you for friendship is simple. Be a nice person, forgive people, understand where they stand and how they act. If someone wrongs you forgive him, talk to people. It doesn't take much to be friends with people. But I am a outgoing person so I don't know how a shy person could make friends easily. But I used to be a bit of a antisocial person before I came to the boarding school. So my other piece of advice become outgoing. It will make you in general a happier person, well at least it made me a much happier person. If you don't like your life (which from your posts i am assuming you aren't a very positive and happy person) try to see the nice things in life. When I first came to Istanbul I could only see the bad I couldn't see the good in anything, but eventually I changed the way I looked at things and became a more positive person and with that i made friends with people easier.
That's all I can really say, if you don't want to change I can understand that maybe it was the effect of the new religious atmosphere I got into but with becoming a more outgoing person I became a lot happier.

Tl;dr Study or you get *danced*, be outgoing = be more happy in my experience at least.

Whatever you choose to do I hope everything works out in the best for you. If you were Muslim I would say may Allah give what is best for you. But I guess I will use it here as well.

Forgot to add if you want to be more happy with things be more content. if something goes wrong let it don't let things get to you

Just remembered. In america they try to shove this rule down your throat, it's called the golden rule and it goes alone the lines of treat others how you want to be treated, I can not put more emphasis on this rule. If you see other people as jackasses they see you the same way. If you start thinking badly about someone (whether or not they are bad people) forget it, don't dwell on it because then you are going to see those people as that bad thought you conjured and you will never get to know them. If you see people in a good light they will see you in a good light as well. There are a few exceptions but exceptions don't break the rules. In general be nice to people think nice about people and treat people nicely.

Oh and life is really full of suprises a year ago I couldn't guess in a million years that I would be where I am now. life is funny

I guess it depends on your major, but for the most part, you WILL fail if you don't study and do your homework in college. There's classes where not studying simply isn't an option.

MJ1284

I guess it depends on your major, but for the most part, you WILL fail if you don't study and do your homework in college. There's classes where not studying simply isn't an option.
I had to learn this the hard way, wasn't fun to cram 180 pages full of technical gibberish mumbo jumbo... then again half the class failed the exam so I'd think teaching wasn't that top notch either.
In long run, you'll save loads of time and effort if you spent little extra time each day on examining closely what your teacher taught you that day, even one extra hour/day will work wonders on your exam grades... and it's easier to cram when you're just re-memorizing instead of trying to learn something new.

curser656

First I was like:
JsyXA.png

Bring condoms.
You dont want a junior Curser656 running around.
Then I was like:
bTt9l.png

It's not like I don't intend to study, If I don't I'm sure I'd fail, this is different than high school, I understand that.
The closer to Tuesday (first day of classes) the more I feel like I don't want to fkin do this.

Also, had some ramen today, actually eating some now, um....I'm gonna die if I eat this everyday.

Allahrules2

It's nothing new they have them in gas stations on the highway. Go down south I don't know anything about up north, but down in Atlanta/Florida in almost every gas station that is on the highway they have a little condom vending machine. In Germany they have the same thing except they sell other toys is that not how it is in canada?

curser656

Oh, those things, yea I know what you mean now. Though I probably won't be using them very soon....that made me sound stupid.

Edit: the only rule I have about sex is make sure you love that person before you do? I guess...

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Oh, those things, yea I know what you mean now. Though I probably won't be using them very soon....that made me sound stupid.

Edit: the only rule I have about sex is make sure you love that person before you do? I guess...

Better to be prepared and not need it than to be unprepared and need it... IMO.
Stock up if you're a single guy going to a party. Carry a couple extras in case a buddy needs one or whatever.

Don't put them in your wallet it decreases the effectiveness due to the heat from your butt. Keep them in your jacket pocket.
2uid5zo.gif