Leaving for college tommorow and nervous, Any advice?

Dacil

Did your college actually say that? It's quite the opposite in most US schools - too many students going on facebook, etc during class.
in mine they dont care (US) ...colleges i've seen dont care if you miss class by having your laptop and using it for facebook the entire lecture....they just go "meh, you'll probably fail...and that's your money your parent's money you're wasting"

edit: not to mention time...time is even +more money wasted

curser656

Did your college actually say that? It's quite the opposite in most US schools - too many students going on facebook, etc during class. But I stand by my advice - unless everyone else in the class seems to be be typing their notes (we don't want you to come across as old-fashioned) you should take the time to write them out manually. it helps you remember stuff goodly :)
Well considering it is computer science and stuff... we need them.

trevor

just to tell you that college is not at all as bad as it seems if u hate drama then u wil love college if u love it.sucks for u. college u have mor tests but the activitys u do are a bit funner. so i think u wil like college (hope this isnt to late)

curser656

Freeman, you consider those grades solid?

I think most of my classes insult me and the teachers are retards. My chemistry and french teachers didn't teach, they just gave out assignments, and the rest of my teachers weren't nice. They didn't even have a correct grading system, I mean I go to a private school and I should at least get some competent teachers that try to tell me there is sound in space and take points off my test when there is no mistakes. I had a 110 in technology and low 90's in history, geometry, theology, and english, for chemistry, I was a mess. One quarter I had a 95, the other, an 80. For french I was 90 in one quarter down to a 76 since the teacher hates my guts when I call out his mistakes, he got fired by the way, but there is no way my grades can be fixed :/

Overall I had an average of 87 for the year which is pretty good considering I didn't study, did my homework in the morning, and slept in every class because the teachers didn't care about us, they just gave out assignments and told us we were idiots.

No wonder other countries call us idiots, our education system is ass backwards and we're the worst at everything.

Also, I'm not sure whether Canada has a track system or they just group the smart kids with the dumber kids. Were you in any 1st track classes?

I FINALLY REALIZE WHY YOU THINK MY GRADES AREN'T SOLID. Canada's percentage system is different. It's something like take a Canadian mark and add 10% to it and u get the American equivalent, seriously.

anak

VIP
there's no way to make a different percentage system. you can grade harder or make harder tests, but the percent will always be the same

curser656

No there's a big difference. I know that there are differences in the marks, like a 60 in America is a D and here its a C-. There is a difference.

Heartsong

There is no difference if you get 95s in every class! Hohoho

Actually, yeah.

In most Canadian schools, a 95 would be an A+. In America, it'd just be a middle of the road A (or not; most of my Chemistry classes had a 93-94 requirement for an A- so a 95 is just barely a flat A). Based on your GPA system, that might net you 4.5 or 4.33 points instead of 4.

Freeman

RAYTANG
No there's a big difference. I know that there are differences in the marks, like a 60 in America is a D and here its a C-. There is a difference.
well if you're trying to get a degree, a 60 is a fail in Canada.
Actually, yeah.

In most Canadian schools, a 95 would be an A+. In America, it'd just be a middle of the road A (or not; most of my Chemistry classes had a 93-94 requirement for an A- so a 95 is just barely a flat A). Based on your GPA system, that might net you 4.5 or 4.33 points instead of 4.
90-100 is an A+ :p
86-89 is an A

[For ontario that is]

trevor

U say ur smarter than an american. maybe an average american but i got an A+ on my final exam in both high and coll

o and i got in to Berkely

trevor

tell me how i can prove it and il try to do it

beef I know how to spell correctly but i just choose not to.