Ignorance - The downfall of Legions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Ive been watching/reading/forgetting-this-topic-is-here... and now I will say this.

There does NOT need to be 'rules' for pick ups. Ever. The problem is not how we go about it. The problem is the people. The reason why Zenith and Frost are played so damn much is because they are the few EVERYONE likes, and so when someone does another map that someone doesn't like, they voice their opinion, and other people either do, or jump on the band wagon. Honestly I quit playing in Pick-ups because I'm tired of playing those maps. There is at least one person that likes every map made for this game, and coming in a pick up and not being able to play it because someone else doesn't want to (and that first person captained) makes them not want to play.

So:
-Every map can be played; just within reason(10v10 Niv makes me cry) I will play any map without "crying out about not liking it.". How many of you can actually say that without voicing an opinion in a Pug? Not much, considering people here have voiced their opinion on what maps are good, and bad.
-If a map is picked and you dont like it. Stick through the map and captain next time.
-^can be a reason to pick MAP first.
-You dont always get to play the maps you like. Let other people have fun, and trying maps out can be a blast if you make it that way (static positions may not work on some maps).
-Going with the above 2: YOU CAN CAPTAIN TO DO A MAP/STRAT YOU LIKE!!!!
-Stop pushing ideas on other people if you don't captain. "We dont like playing Blade because its boring". Although the 'we' can mean many people. He/she captained. You didn't, you lose.

All in all, in this morning, incoherent, randomly thrown together post: Captains get final say. Play maps even if you hate them; you can captain next time.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Ive been watching/reading/forgetting-this-topic-is-here... and now I will say this.

There does NOT need to be 'rules' for pick ups. Ever.

So:
-Every map can be played; just within reason(10v10 Niv makes me cry) I will play any map without "crying out about not liking it.". How many of you can actually say that without voicing an opinion in a Pug? Not much, considering people here have voiced their opinion on what maps are good, and bad.
-If a map is picked and you dont like it. Stick through the map and captain next time.
-^can be a reason to pick MAP first.
-You dont always get to play the maps you like. Let other people have fun, and trying maps out can be a blast if you make it that way (static positions may not work on some maps).
-Going with the above 2: YOU CAN CAPTAIN TO DO A MAP/STRAT YOU LIKE!!!!
-Stop pushing ideas on other people if you don't captain. "We dont like playing Blade because its boring". Although the 'we' can mean many people. He/she captained. You didn't, you lose.

You just wrote a *dancing* list of rules and contradicted yourself.

Synista

Perhaps, but if it was up to him, those 'tips' might actually be enforced, making them rules.
They can't be enforced, they're tips... None of them sound like rules, he's more or less trying to say "If you don't like how people decide maps etc and want to enjoy a PuG, captain." which is a tip.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
They can't be enforced, they're tips... None of them sound like rules, he's more or less trying to say "If you don't like how people decide maps etc and want to enjoy a PuG, captain." which is a tip.

Its just a matter of perspective. I find them much more like rules than tips overall.

Kissyface_r0x

Private Tester
A list is being worked on by your friendly neighborhood Ucan. Once it is up we will take suggestions for additions and or revisions on that thread. Also, I agree with utada that no maps should be COMPLETELY banned from play, just certain choices like 12v12 nivo or 5v5 blade run. Even so these wont be completely banned either, it is up to the players at the time. This rule will be elaborated in ucans list.

Synista

The world runs through rules.
Rule...
A principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement.

Law...
The principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.

Use your words correctly. The world runs through Laws.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Rule...
A principle or regulation governing conduct, action, procedure, arrangement.

Law...
The principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.

Use your words correctly. The world runs through Laws.

Stop trying to be a smart-ass. Live with the fact that the two terms can be used exchangeably

Synista

T_T. Live with the fact that the two terms can be used exchangeably
For idiots. :)

EDIT: If you can't use a word correctly, then don't use it and stop crying like a little baby. You've been proven wrong and you always seem to have little arguments on the forums too, why? You hate being proven wrong!

Siantlark

I really think that to fix these problems people need to stop attacking each other and arguing over stupid minor details and actually think about the other persons side of things and establish effective communication because now it's turning into a rage fest with multiple people attacking each other over things that don't matter and are not talking about the main point of this thread which is about PUGS and why no one on them wants to play on different maps. I don't play on PUGs so I can't give input on this but I did follow this thread and while there was good discussion in the beginning it is descending into ad hominem attacks using logical fallacies and prejudices.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I really think that to fix these problems people need to stop attacking each other and arguing over stupid minor details and actually think about the other persons side of things and establish effective communication because now it's turning into a rage fest with multiple people attacking each other over things that don't matter and are not talking about the main point of this thread which is about PUGS and why no one on them wants to play on different maps. I don't play on PUGs so I can't give input on this but I did follow this thread and while there was good discussion in the beginning it is descending into ad hominem attacks using logical fallacies and prejudices.

Well said! I'll stop now.

Sharp

Private Tester
It's nice getting the different maps in. Core, Elegiac (twice), Frostbyte, Zenith (twice), Fallout (twice) all got played yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.