Do you think this is worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
It's definitely a neat product, the 24" touch screen is cool (and likely why it's so pricey), but it's not really a gaming machine.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
can i just point out that student licences for windows + office are dirt cheap?
touchscreen laptops? -.-
buy and ipad and a desktop. still cheaper.

EDIT: oh, it is a sort of desktop. even moerso a reason not to buy it.
it's using mobile graphics and processor. it's poor for that price.

buy a good HD screen, and a powerful desktop for half that price, then proceed to spend the rest of the cash on a better than average laptop.

-Zero-

thanks but Idk. I feel like getting this computer but if you guys help me find or make a computer that includes a 3D 24" screen with 2 TB and the 6 gb ram, and that includes nvidia, better than the one that already has, And all the other stuff and come with a cheeper price or equal to it. Then ill buy that one insted. Thanks. Post links and info about it thanks.

wat

just as an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.791304
add win7 pro $140
add dvd burner $25
add wifi card $50
add 24" Monitor $200
add 2.1 speakers $50
add mouse $50
add keyboard $50

~$1950
I like it. but idk i kinda trust nvidia better than AMD since i use nvidia and i have never used amd and looks to me like nvidia is better no?

Severance

Private Tester
I like it. but idk i kinda trust nvidia better than AMD since i use nvidia and i have never used amd and looks to me like nvidia is better no?
This was just an example of the first combo with an i7 2600k i found, not something i put any thought into configuring.

As far as nvidia vs amd/ati. I have no preference, some people say driver issues on amd side, i've experienced my fair share of issues with both. I just switched from an amd hd4870 to nvidia gtx260 to amd hd6950 to nvidia gtx580 within the last couple months. I've had a nvidia gtx 560 ti and gtx 570 replaced due to failure in my work machine... similar experiences with ati cards as well. All in all, i recommend going for what ever is best bang for buck if you're cash strapped, this typically lands you in 6950 - 560 ti range.

-Zero-

K> so what do you think i should get. if you guys can look for a better one. that will be great. like give me some choices that you guys would love that own a computer that good or if you guys have a good computer that you guys think it has work pretty good for you gamer then post the links that will be great too. thanks

Updated! check my first post again.
this the bottom one better?

Bestking

This one it's a laptop

• Intel® Core™ i7-2760QM quad-core processor (2.40GHz / 3.50GHz with Turbo Boost)
  • Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 64-bit
  • 16.4" 2D LED backlit Full HD display (1920x1080)
  • Matte Black
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M (1GB) dedicated graphics
  • Blu-ray Disc player
  • 750GB (7200rpm) hard drive
  • 6GB (4GBx1 + 2GBx1) DDR3-SDRAM-1333
  • Large lithium-ion battery (7500mAh)
  • Engraving
  • No Fresh Start
  • Sony® Imagination Studio™ Multimedia Edition
  • Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter (Click More Info for details.)
  • Norton Internet Security™ 2012 (30 Day Trial)
  • 2-year Express Ship Service Plan for Laptops
  • with a VAIO Messenger Case (bag) ................................................................................................................................................$1,801.95 US
  • (tax included)
  • shipping is free
  • This are my best choices for right now until someone can come out with a better one at a lower price or equal to this ones.
[/quote] This looks better in specs IMO

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
thanks but Idk. I feel like getting this computer but if you guys help me find or make a computer that includes a 3D 24" screen with 2 TB and the 6 gb ram, and that includes nvidia, better than the one that already has, And all the other stuff and come with a cheeper price or equal to it. Then ill buy that one insted. Thanks. Post links and info about it thanks.

AMD and Nvidia are pretty much the same performance wise. getting one over the other is not really the specs but personal preference and whether you want to spend the extra money on getting Nvidia. considering that graphics cards are most of the time not manufactured by the card designed (AMD/Nvidia) you can't really judge on reliability.

do you really feel the need to get a 3D screen? also going up from 6GB to 8GB ram gives you a wider choice of computers and since ram is dirt cheap at the moment, not for a noticable amount of cash.
2TB hard drives are very expensive at the moment due to the area they are made being flooded, buy a desktop and add another hard drive when you fill up a (cheaper) 1TB hard drive

i advise you get a good, desktop computer and a separate screen, that way you can have more control over the screen you want, and the specs you want.

(putting *chocolate cookies* into perspective - this is what a bit more will net you (if you add a 22" non-3d screen

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_Gamer_Infinity_8800_Pro_SE/

i don't say go out and buy it (cyberpower have a variable build quality, and the computer is overpowered anyways) but this is significantly better, a hundred times better, and will run any game you want on max settings easily and for the next few years.)

-Zero-

so you think this is more worth my money?

(DESKTOP)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    $2,245.65 (tax included and shipping price, MONITOR NOT INCLUDED)

so you think this is more worth my money?

(DESKTOP)
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3930K 3.20 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    $2,245.65 (tax included and shipping price, MONITOR NOT INCLUDED)

Without any doubt.

MightyDeath

You don't need to pay $2000+ for a good gaming computer.
Here's my specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor 2.70 GHz
ATI Radeon 5770 HD Graphic Card
4 GB RAM of Memory
HDD: 500 GB

I don't remember the other specs right now, I'll edit with full specs later.
Basically I got this at a price of 850 euros in the last summer.
All games I tried on it worked fine. I play all of the games with maximum resolution and highest detail.
You don't need to spend that much for a gaming computer.
Also,as fireblasto suggested, build your own, it's way cheaper.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
i just want a computer that is equal to a gaming computer

a good gaming computer should not cost more than $1500 if that. i'd think that you could easily make a good computer for $1000 or less.

for example,

i5 2500k,
8GB RAM
nvidia 560 ti 448/570/ radeon 6970 (although the radeon 7970 is coming out very soon, so probably best to wait for that)
intel z68 motherboard.
1TB/2TB hard drive.

it's all you need. specs wise.

-Zero-

post some links of a computer that you think would be good for gaming and performance... probably one that comes with windows 7 pro. i5 or i7 intel, and some some high nvidia version in it. idk much of which one is best or what does a computer need to be able to play any kind 3D game in it and not lags and be able to play some pandora while playing and get no laggs. if its a laptop better. i prefer a laptop over a desktop. idk why.
THANKS FOR YOU GUYS HELP.

Freeman

RAYTANG
post some links of a computer that you think would be good for gaming and performance... probably one that comes with windows 7 pro. i5 or i7 intel, and some some high nvidia version in it. idk much of which one is best or what does a computer need to be able to play any kind 3D game in it and not lags and be able to play some pandora while playing and get no laggs. if its a laptop better. i prefer a laptop over a desktop. idk why.
just cause you have lag doesnt mean you have a bad computer...it could mean that your internet is *chocolate cookies*.

and why do you desperately need to play games in 3d...

and no, a laptop is not better for gaming. build a *Lovin'* desktop

Severance

Private Tester

You will have to make some considerable sacrifices for a laptop. Namely, anything that will be able to play 'any kind of 3d game' you're looking at a desktop replacement, meaning that it's going to be huge and heavy. Anything with a decent resolution(1920x1080) probably won't be able to run some of the really demanding games on high very smoothly. These laptops typically also run into heat issues, as higher end gpus and cpus produce an immense amount heat under load, probably want a cooling pad and clean it religiously to prolong it's life. Not forgetting the fact that it will cost you much more money compared to a desktop of similar performance.

If you've got the kind of cash you originally cited, you're better off buying/building yourself a desktop, and spend the rest on a decent midrange laptop. Worst case, you probably won't be able to run Skyrim, but it will handle legions with out issue, and i think you'd be much happier.

anyway here's a quick list of parts i'd consider.

intel i5 2500k (easy to overclock later down the road)
corsair h80 closed loop cpu water cooler.
p67 or z68 motherboard if you pan on using integrated gfx, quicksync, or ssd cacheing
8gb ram minimum
evga nvidia gtx 560 ti
1tb 7200rpm hd(depends on how much storage space you actually feel you need, system is expandable later)
dvd burner
win 7 pro
atleast 650w quality psu, higher if you plan on heavy overclocking and sli
case of your choice

I'm too lazy to choose the actual items for you, maybe later

Status
Not open for further replies.