Beta Registration Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doom Of Neroflame

notebooks should run fine i would have thought as long as it was higher spec than pentium 4 processor and higher than 128mb graphics radeon x series for example?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, well, here's the minimum and recommended specs for the game. So, as long as your system meets these specs, you should have no issue. One thing to consider, if you're unable to play Legions: Overdrive, you might not be the greatest candidate for private testing! :-p

Minimum Specs
Windows XP SP2 or later with latest updates, Windows Vista™ with latest updates, or Windows 7 with latest updates.

ATI Radeon™ x800 or NVIDIA GeForce™ 6800/8400

DirectX 9.0c (Windows XP) or DirectX 10 (Windows Vista™)

Processor: Pentium® 4 2.2 GHz, Core® 2™ Duo 1.6 GHz, AMDAthlon™ 2.08 GHz or better

RAM: 512 MB of available system memory

Internet Access Required

OS-supported keyboard, mouse and sound card

Recommended Specs
Windows XP SP2 or later with latest updates, Windows Vista™ with latest updates, or Windows 7 with latest updates.

ATI Radeon™ HD3850 or NVIDIA GeForce™ 8600

DirectX 9.0c or later

Processor: AMD™ 4200+ or Core® 2™ Duo 2.2 GHZ

RAM: 1024 MB of available system memory

Unknown

Private Tester
Thanks for posting that, Seymour! It might be a good idea to have the system specs somewhere where everyone can easily find them though (like the FAQ).

UUAllACE

It probably would be best to have both desktops + laptops, since its in the beta phase, it would be best to see if the game would work with both desktop+laptop specs, which shouldn't matter but can.

BeefThief

Beefy Member
Yar, well, here's the minimum and recommended specs for the game. So, as long as your system meets these specs, you should have no issue. One thing to consider, if you're unable to play Legions: Overdrive, you might not be the greatest candidate for private testing! :-p
L:O has the same specs as old Legions, right? Because I could play old Legions just fine (small amounts of lag) even though my CPU is worse than the minimum.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
L:O has the same specs as old Legions, right? Because I could play old Legions just fine (small amounts of lag) even though my CPU is worse than the minimum.

Yar, they're the same. It should run a bit smoother actually, due to improvements in the code and being standalone.

discord

Private Tester

I bet you will have a little better performance with a standalone client since the browser overhead is being cut out. I wouldn't it put it past Gabeline to try to optimize things a bit either.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I may submit an application but a few things first...

1. If I select mac, would that mean that I'd be auto-voided and the application deleted, or would it be saved for a mac beta later down the line?
2. How long will this be open? Currently, I only have a mac, but may be getting a PC within a few weeks, but since its not definite, I don't want to submit anything yet for the PC beta.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
We will not "void" any application for reasons like that. We will not be selecting Mac-only users for the first rounds of beta testing since we do not currently support Mac. The reason why we included that option is to have a database of those users who have Macs so that we can contact them if/when Mac testing is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.