Asian Dedicated Servers

Dacil

so shouldn't it technically deserve more servers than america and europe? :mad: *troll*

mmm... no no it shouldn't

If you look back in time 6 months or so the last time you were there, do you think you behaved well enough back then?

6 months ago? you'd be surprised how much ppl can grow up in that amount of time...(some, not all of course) but point being is that if you give him another chance you'll find out for sure

Mahidhar

The Asia dedicated server problem is being looked at. We haven't decided on a few things yet, but we will notify you, soon(yes, IA style).

@ Ovo - If all Asia players were in Japan, your idea of sharing a server would've worked. Apparently, that's not the case. We're all spread out, heck, my own team has players from 5 different countries(including Carnage). It's best if both the continents have their own servers.

@ Immanent - Multiple servers for a total of 20-30 players, in all over Asia? Also, more than half of them are kids who play, but don't pay.

Still, don't worry too much about it, once we get a few things cleared up, we'll send you the news(good or bad). Just don't expect to be playing Legions at a 100 ping, right at the release day.

Well seeing as one of your closest servers are in India/SomewhereinEurope I think? I think* it seems fair to put a server in the ultra modernized countries in the ME, (UAE etc...).

*reference point - note the extra precaution I took with my words to appease DisCi the troll.

if you don't live there you won't know any thing so please don't talk

and please stop spamming

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
The Asia dedicated server problem is being looked at. We haven't decided on a few things yet, but we will notify you, soon(yes, IA style).

@ Ovo - If all Asia players were in Japan, your idea of sharing a server would've worked. Apparently, that's not the case. We're all spread out, heck, my own team has players from 5 different countries(including Carnage). It's best if both the continents have their own servers.

@ Immanent - Multiple servers for a total of 20-30 players, in all over Asia? Also, more than half of them are kids who play, but don't pay.

Still, don't worry too much about it, once we get a few things cleared up, we'll send you the news(good or bad). Just don't expect to be playing Legions at a 100 ping, right at the release day.
I am glad people are looking into increasing our server counts around the world. If the player population grows, then servers are one of our biggest problems and it's really awesome how the community can pitch in for each other. Keep in mind too, the netfixes really do help things from the last time you played, so it's not nearly as horrible to have a ping over 100. In most cases you get a lower ping than you did before as well.
Anyways, props for looking into servers, even if it doesn't pan out.

57thKB24

It will cost a lot of money for just one server. I'll be glad to participate on this plan, we'll need financial help for the server to be up. Count me in! :)

Mahidhar

Too far way, and will result in uneven pings for other countries in Asia. Although, closer for me, I must say.

GReaper

Grumpy
If you've got a better location, name it. However you'll need to provide a list of fairly cheap dedicated server providers for that particular country.

Mahidhar

Yeah, I understand. We've chosen a few locations and are trying to get in touch with the local hosting companies, for cheaper servers with sustained quality, rather than international hosts.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
Let's get back HK server.
Hong Kong is a viable option, however we would like more than one country hosting a dedicated server. We want to cover as much geographical area as possible. We are currently looking into eastern Asia as an option.

havocblitz

Hong Kong is a viable option, however we would like more than one country hosting a dedicated server. We want to cover as much geographical area as possible. We are currently looking into eastern Asia as an option.
My ping on eastern asian will be good :D

EASTERN ASIAN:
22px-Flag_of_Hong_Kong.svg.png
Hong Kong

China (PRC)
22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan
22px-Flag_of_Macau.svg.png
Macau

22px-Flag_of_Mongolia.svg.png
Mongolia
22px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png
North Korea
22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
South Korea
Taiwan (ROC)

Immanent

@ The Disaster: Don't want to get into a tattle tale quarrel do you?

@ GReaper: Will there be multiple servers (3+) in Asia, like east coast (caters: Japan, Korea(s), East coast of China, Some parts of Russia etc...), South east countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thai etc...) and dead center ?

JUUST a thought, don't like it, don't hate.

GReaper

Grumpy
Would there be enough players to sustain and justify servers in 3 different locations? Even the largest community (North American) can only justify one server at the moment.

If there's a surge of new users and enough people to support it, additional locations could potentially be added. However until that happens we have to be realistic, setting up servers in certain locations just isn't going to get enough players.

Karnage

Private Tester
I am in Korea and much as I would like to have a server in Korea (which has the fastest internet in the world by far) it is simply not practical because most of the Asian contingent of Legions do not live all that close to Korea/Japan. It would be best to have a server in HK or Singapore. Also, the idea of having servers in three different locations is simply ridiculous because no one has that amount of money to spend on them. Most of the players (at least 70%) in Asia are kids who are still at school and I don't see them forking out the bucks for these servers.

havocblitz

It would be best to have a server in HK or Singapore. Also, the idea of having servers in three different locations is simply ridiculous because no one has that amount of money to spend on them. Most of the players (at least 70%) in Asia are kids who are still at school and I don't see them forking out the bucks for these servers.
Yes i agree.i like the server place.

Disci

Old man
You should gather some sort of a list of players who would be able to pay a monthly fee for the server(s) and then look at the possibilitys how many of them would be wise to get.

I am glad people are looking into increasing our server counts around the world. If the player population grows, then servers are one of our biggest problems and it's really awesome how the community can pitch in for each other. Keep in mind too, the netfixes really do help things from the last time you played, so it's not nearly as horrible to have a ping over 100. In most cases you get a lower ping than you did before as well.
Anyways, props for looking into servers, even if it doesn't pan out.
wow, I never would have thought Legions not being in a browser is really going to improve things that much, especially not ping, this is the best news I have heard since LO was announced :) I think it really will mean the difference between it being playable on a laptop or not as it was an unreliable affair on my MBP. Any chance of introducing the option of better graphics on the opposite pole, like say anti aliasing at some stage?