Asian Dedicated Servers

St3lth

Backend Contributor
As legions is coming back up, I am very excited, as we all are but as of now I have heard that there are no Asian Deds and I would like to help set up some Asian deds. Do people want to see Asian servers or is it just me? If people would like to see an Asian server, I would like to see some donations. :p

Disci

Old man
Get a hold of your own community. Things will start working when there are people inside the sub community taking things under control and gain respect from other players. Gj st3lth and 57th!

Mahidhar

OK, we'd like all the Asian players who are thinking to help us out, post here. Depending on the number of people, that will respond, we'll go ahead.

Remember guys, we can't pull this off, with just a hand full of people. So, if you're gonna be playing in Asian servers and can help us, please post here.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Is there anyone in the Asian part of the Leejunz community, who actually has some experience with providing a dedicated server? Or do you know someone who you can ask who provided servers for other games? There's lots of stuff that you'll have to think about (location, provider, specs, etc.), so it would definitely help to get someone on board who already did something similar earlier.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Hi St3lth good to hear from you again! :)
It's a good idea that you're doing this for the community so the Asian Legions Community hopefully can dig deep and help...
Possibly, the Australia/NZ area can have a few PUGs with the Asian community :)
Will be fun.
Good Luck,
Speak soon :)

Karnage

Private Tester
Yeah, we are looking into this within the ranks of the 57th. Some of our members have a lot of experience with this sort of thing and they will be helping us out.

Count Me in 2 :) -Project
w00t !...(ehh) Can It be Hk sever :) Cuz I improved mah ma skillz :)!
and I got a new computer with A 1gb Pcie!

Mahidhar

I don't know how you improved your MA skills, without Legions being online, or did you play Tribes?

Anyway, We're still discussing about the server's location and all the related details. Asia is the biggest continent, and we need to be able to place a server , where most people can have a playable ping.

Mahidhar

The last time we were about to fight a "battle", it was 400(us) to 0(you) ping. If you can't remember, it's the death match competition, MightyDeath set up, long back. Ocarine_boy was the host, I think.

Hey.
I had 169 ping.
Oca and myself are on diff ISP's and in Australia they like to be shitty.
Which one were you?
the 170 ping or the 950?
ScreenShot123.png
Oh and yes, I can remember

Also, what I would have been suggesting, would be a multi game competition, where each map is played twice, once on each areas server. The points would be tallied between the two games, and whichever team had the higher Total score, would be the winner.
since the pings would basically just swap, it's fairly fair.

Mahidhar

I am neither, I withdrew then, seeing how fair the competition was. I am just pointing out to you, that our competitions maybe be just as crap, as they have always been, between Asian and American teams. Not that, I would mind of course. I was simply doubtful, that maybe you guys thought we're closer to you, than we really are. But still, that could have been the quality of IA's servers. Hong Kong ones always used to give a lot of trouble.

aus.hsp

Private Tester
Also, I strongly encourage/recommend the Asian Legions Overdrive Community to hope on IRC - perhaps make their own chat server, or even a TS3 or Ventrilo server :)

I am just pointing out to you, that our competitions maybe be just as crap, as they have always been, between Asian and American teams.
Hence my suggestion for the server swap. That way both sides must play at both high ping and low ping, which is a skill that Asians and Australians have always had to have.

Also, just so ya know I later had to play at high ping when I did round 2 against the americans.
I didn't win (I was down by one kill) but I still got second, and so also moved on to the final round. (Which has yet to be played, lol.)