ascend bolt rifle

Fixious

Test Lead
We are building out the Tribes Ascend future roadmap and will be soliciting your advice and help.

A new survey will be going out today or tomorrow to all Tribes Ascend VIPs.

We will publish the results when complete.

The survey asks:
    • Would you like to see the number of classes reduced from 9 to 3: Light, Medium, and Heavy, with all current weapon and pack options condensed into them?
    • Would you like to see Health Regeneration replaced with classic Health Kits?
    • What two features would you most like to see added to the game (from list)?
    • In general, how do you feel the Shrike is balanced?
    • Which CTF map size is your favorite?
You can use this thread to comment on the survey as needed.
http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=95883&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Skutki

This actually sounds interesting enough for me to think about trying the game out again once they... 'fix it'

Mukhtar

One and two are both pretty sketchy. Especially two, capping won't be possible anymore, unless they take the hitscan off the sniper. One is sketchy in the sense that how are they gonna balance out the perks, packs, and weapons? I can't imagine how many loudouts will be banned D:.

Mukhtar

Legions is the perfect model that T:A should follow for health regen...
Legions and TA are both very different. The reason capping won't be possible in TA if they follow the Legions regen is because in Legions it's alot easier to stay low so you don't get sniped out, and the Sniper in Legions isn't completely hitscan, neither is the one in T2 or T1. The regen hardly matters, offense doesn't really need to get gimped anymore in TA considering how strong a good dstack already is. The main problem with TA atm is map making.

Fixious

Test Lead
No discjumps is the main reason healthkits won't work in T:A. To get enough speed for a decent Kata route you have to take away like 85% of your health with explosive nitrons and what-not. By the time you're ~10 seconds from capping your health has fully restored, or at least started to. Without regen you'd approach the flag stand with 15% health and would never survive. Proper discjumps and healthkits might work. 1 DJ to get you up to speed, one healthkit to restore 25% or whatever. Routes in general will be slower even if they did implement good discjumps, which wouldn't really be a bad thing.

T1 and T2 snipers are hitscan. Load up T1, fire laser, watch demo frame-by-frame. There's literally no time between firing and the laser hitting its target.

Mukhtar

Wasn't going to respond to your post until I saw this - my response? LOL

I think you need to google what hitscan means.
If legions sniper is hitscan why is there a delay with it when you play with 100+ ping? Unless Sin, Triad and my experience with legions have all lied to me.
No discjumps is the main reason healthkits won't work in T:A. To get enough speed for a decent Kata route you have to take away like 85% of your health with explosive nitrons and what-not. By the time you're ~15 seconds from hitting stand your health has fully restored, or at least started to. Without regen you'd approach the flag stand with 15% health and would never survive. Proper discjumps and healthkits might work. 1 DJ to get you up to speed, one healthkit to restore 25% or whatever. Routes in general will be slower even if they did implement good discjumps, which wouldn't really be a bad thing.

T1 and T2 snipers are hitscan. Load up T1, fire laser, watch demo frame-by-frame. There's literally no time between firing and the laser hitting its target.
Never really sniped in T1 or T2 so I just assumed it was like the TV sniper. And there is also no Rage-perk in T1 or T2, and the energy regen is about 1/3.
Healthkits are not needed, and the problem isn't the disc-jumping, there's a reason why there's actually a guy that has to dedicate himself to the sniper and another reason why people have stopped Path capping on most maps.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
If legions sniper is hitscan why is there a delay with it when you play with 100+ ping? Unless Sin, Triad and my experience with legions have all lied to me.
That's just lag time, latency has nothing to do with hitscan.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I'm not a smart enough man to fully understand hitscan and latency, but I think what's causing the confusion and argument here is recent games use of 'prediction' or what have you to mask latency.

Still, hopefully one of the resident nerdbombers could better explain this hitscan/latency argument.

Anyhow, I'd be interested to see if these changes Hi-Rez are surveying about come into effect, how much of the current T:A f2p structure will change.

Mukhtar

I'm just a little more used to TAs definition of hitscan, where you can snipe 250+ ping just as well as someone with 10 ping would.

Mukhtar

T:A sniper isn't hitscan...
Wasn't going to respond to your post until I saw this - my response? LOL

I think you need to google what hitscan means.
All the snipers shotties and pistols are all hitscan. The pistols and shotguns have limited range, however.