Cores

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Just finished coding up a shield core. It doesn't interact in any way with the HUD yet, but still. It's so much fun to use. Because I factor in mass to the energy drain and shield strength, it shouldn't be OP. :) Very useful for things like boosting. A single direct RL will bring down the shield on an OR and Sentinel. Raiders will have a tiny amount left. I'm not quite ready to release it yet, but it is a very enjoyable core.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
One idea I had is for something a little like iOD but without the wake. I know that there was talk of 'dodge' cores, and so my idea would be that it boosts a player either right, left, forward or backward (depending on the key direction, ie: if a player holds down A in a WASD setup, they would dodge left) this would move the player outside of the blast radius of a rocket, and would be useful mostly for snipers. There would be a cooldown time, and would require a small amount of energy.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
One idea I had is for something a little like iOD but without the wake. I know that there was talk of 'dodge' cores, and so my idea would be that it boosts a player either right, left, forward or backward (depending on the key direction, ie: if a player holds down A in a WASD setup, they would dodge left) this would move the player outside of the blast radius of a rocket, and would be useful mostly for snipers. There would be a cooldown time, and would require a small amount of energy.

So I presume then that SPACE would result in up and SHIFT would result in down?

Defender

I was just looking over the code in the game so I could update my mod. I stumbled across this possible err in the cores.cs

Code:
function addWarpScarTrigger( %player, %oldPosition, %newPosition, %oldVelocity )
{
  %triggerObj = new Trigger() {
      dataBlock = WarpScarTrigger;
      position = %oldPosition;
      newPosition = %newPosition;
      playa = %player;    <----------------------  Maybe should be player = %player;
      playerDiedInWormHole = false;
      Enabled = "1";
      active = "1";
      scale = "0.1 0.1 0.1";
      polyhedron = "0 0 0 30 0 0 0 -30 0 0 0 1";
      oldVelocity = getWord(%oldVelocity, 0) @ " " @
                    getWord(%oldVelocity, 1) @ " " @
                    (getWord(%oldVelocity, 2) + $Cores::ParticlesZOffset);
  // See other uses of $Cores::ParticlesZOffset to see why I am doing this
  };

%player.lastWarpTrigger = %triggerObj;
  %triggerObj.schedule($Cores::WarpCoreScarTime, "delete");
}

Libra

How about a teleporting core/respawn core you throw down a spawn beacon and you can either teleport to it or respawn on it after dying

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
So I presume then that SPACE would result in up and SHIFT would result in down?
for the SPACE, yes, but I was just thinking, and probably, another limitation that could be put on it is that you have to be on the ground, though this could be open to some debate.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
oh...

Does anyone have any ideas that might work for HoF's? It kinda seems like they're getting left out with all these new cores because iOD is so important/powerful...

I'm just trying to think of something that wouldn't pigeonhole them into using iOD without making the ability to block cappers skillless.