Spawn Updates on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellismore

I'm sorry but I strongly dislike this new loadout system. It's too much of a hustle to go to your ammo station everytime you spawn...

the-champ

I don't like hate it.

lol and guess what,just as i change to another class(when i come in contact to the ammo box) the game faces an error and a window pops up asking me to "send report" or "Don't send" and then the L:O window closes.
So this update is just like killing the game for me :eek:

Application-1

test bester
Great update! Makes HoFing alot more interesting! Also the whining about cappers now going in to fast is making me smile alot. All these freaking huge threads about defense is OP!, and now we have a update that favours the capper for once (wich only favours outrider capping) and then people dislike it. ;)

Anyways would love to see some better placed ammo stations. For the rest I love this update.

lil_maniac

lol and guess what,just as i change to another class(when i come in contact to the ammo box) the game faces an error and a window pops up asking me to "send report" or "Don't send" and then the L:O window closes.
So this update is just like killing the game for me :eek:

Oh yeh this has happened to me and Dobby aswell which is annoying

3lionz

Legions Developer
If this WAS to push to live, could there be a failsafe box? Like an area that is inconvenient/far away/difficult to get to, but has a box that allows changing of load-outs. (Ps. only alpha can go into to the alpha failsafe, flags cannot be taken in, nobody can fire in/out and health regen on pause).

[wall of exceptionally long and pointless questions]
Is there going to be a "Mechanic" class that can repair the ammo or make new ones, as mentioned above? (If yes, it would make sense to have them able to provide quick health regen at short range, just a thought.)
How long would it take to build a station?
Would it take multiple players?
Would it be faster the more you have repairing a station?
How much damage would it take to destroy a station?
Will the station have *fresh meat* invincibility when just built/being built to prevent campers?
How simple is this to implement/code?
[/wall of exceptionally long and pointless questions]

If im asking too soon, or you havn't thought about it yet, d/w. I just wan't to know the details :)

qqchurch

The ammobox/invstation idea is actually interesting when I tried it out, although I could guess it'd be really annoying if I try it out on maps with extremely awkward ammobox locations like Fallout, Elegiac and Stygian. but it's a good change of pace.

Created

Haven't read the above, but this is my opinion:

Shorter respawn times: I haven't yet experienced it in-game, but what I'm afraid of is that this will make defense a lot harder to successfully knock off-guard so a capper can sweep in and make its way back home. 3.5 seconds to 2 seconds is nearly halving the time a capper would have to take a head lead if the enemy defenders would need to respawn first due to taken damage. On some maps those 1.5 seconds can make a really big difference.

The load-outs being bound to ammo-boxes: Please, undo. After AI went down I started playing some Tribes for the first time. I'm not sure if all the versions are the same, but the version I played had this system aswell. As a newby it already took me a while to figure out that that was the only way to switch between gear. After I figured it out, the only feeling I had left was pure annoyance. I like being able to quickly select my load-out and have it all ready when I jump in the game or when I respawn. Making me run to an ammo-box every time when I wish to change anything or when I respawn is really going to put me off from enjoying Legions the way I used to.

I understand that this load-out change can lead to some more strategical ways of playing the game (i.e. destroying ammo boxes), but I hardly doubts the pro's will weigh out the cons, considering I (and I think others too) like this game because you can jump right into the action, and not have to do some boring sitting/repairing/defending kind of things before you can actually select your load-out and start playing.

stefygraff

Private Tester
This new update will bring a lot of debate. My suggestion is to put the Sent as spawn class, because you can get to the ammo box very fast with 1 OD.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Nobody cares if "this loadout system change will put you off from enjoying Legions." This is not so much about the individual player anymore but more about the game itself. Personally, I find that this update adds a new, realistic dimension to the game. I like the idea of spawning with a minimal loadout, puts greater emphasis on players' responsibility of choosing an appropriate loadout. I don't care if the idea came from Tribes, it's a good one and it should stay.

Synista

This new update will bring a lot of debate. My suggestion is to put the Sent as spawn class, because you can get to the ammo box very fast with 1 OD.
You just want that because you don't need to go to the Ammo box to go back to Sentinel -.- .

Lunastra

The new update's a little confusing. It's very hard to go back to a home base ammo box just to change load outs without respawning, because I don't wanna, and it's a waste of time too! :confused:

Helvian

The new patch is incredibly unstable. Changing class will more or less crash the game on regular occasions, and even just crash itself for no apparent reason.

And still, the way changing class works is not admirable either. It adds more complexity to the game, maybe, but having to walk to an ammo box every time you respawn to change your class feels like busy work.

And no game, especially legions, wants busy work in such a fast paced action FPS game.

TriX

I do kind of like the idea but, I think that instead of the default load out being just chaser we should be able to pick our own default load out at the start of each game. If we wanted to change it during game play we'd have to go to the ammo stations to change it like this new update has done. Also, to keep people from just spawning and changing classes like we had normally done, make it so that the load out you pick at the first of the game is the one your stuck with for the rest of the game. Soo, that if a person likes to play hof, sniper, chase, LO or whatever they get to spawn with their own class.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Personally, I find it a great update. The only problem I can see with it is that people are being forced into playing a class that they don't want to and possibly the respawn time decrease perhaps actually boosting defence as it will mean that they can suicide then in two seconds at full health be ready to receive a pass. Perhaps the class to spawn in should be Raider - Gunner as its a very general class and can be used for most things. However, it should have no grenades and possibly reduced ammo. As for not being able to respawn into heavy, that's good! I'm tired of distract taking out a heavy on flag then him respawn 3.5 seconds later only to resume his role. Defence has always had the edge over offence and I'm glad to see this change stop that.

The negative feedback in this thread is by people who don't want the main legions gameplay to change at all and the pace of the game. Well guys, the game IS going to be changed into something like this - probably not into what it is at the moment, but a system like it involving inventory stations etc. Talking to GReaper last night really made me see the potential of the system as they still have errors doing the custom loadouts.

However, I do have an idea to get round this error problem, which I'll write up later in the suggestion forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.