Your Favourite Operating System?

actually my favorite os is Windows Millennium it's literally the fastest os I've used, i wish that new programs and games work on it but theydon't D:

DMGED

actually my favorite os is Windows Millennium it's literally the fastest os I've used, i wish that new programs and games work on it but theydon't D:
lol?

I would be using XP, if the 64bit version would work with my processor. Alas, I am stuck using Windows 7.
Debian is my answer, though.

A little saying for my crappy vista.

"Vista is like an Air Conditioner. It runs perfectly until you open a window."

Me and my Windows 7 <3

DKnight556

Just upgraded to windows 7 from XP. I'm liking it a lot. I've used linux chainsaw and other OS versions but prefer windows because I know more about windows.

Frosted

I don't really have a preference but the one I am using right now is vista and I never had a problem with it or crashed. It crashed only when I was trying to over clock to much.

MJ1284

Just finished an english exam, thanks for the laugh, but linux isn't that bad. ;)
Maybe it's just because I haven't used Linux much, but just to give you an idea what exactly we're doing with Linux at school:
1) On one of our courses we had to do linux scripts that'll gather system information and send e-mail to specified address. And to give you another sample, we had to improve Nagios installation script in such ways that it'll check if .tar files exist on computer before running installation command.
^
All this with NO SCRIPTING EXPERIENCE AND NO SCHOOL LESSONS! (Teacher had to cancel all lessons on that course)

2) On another course we had to configure iptables in various ways (for example block all traffic that'll permit listening web radio) and analyze all that with Wireshark.
^
Again, NO LESSONS (thanks to lazy ass teacher) and other fun shizzle.

So there, I believe I have very good reasons not to like Linux.

MJ1284

Meh, just sounds like bad teaching.
There's that too, but being forced to do such things without teaching us (giving links to online guides does not count as teaching) how to do all that left ashen taste to my mouth. It's just that I don't see any signifigant benefit of using Linux over Windows, especially since I'm using PC mainly for playing video games.

D

Doom Of Neroflame

if it was this time last week hands down would have been win 7...but iv bought some things i needed for pc and there not ever gona be win7 compatible so XP wins...followed by 7 followed by 2000

eldermimmmi

I'm using Windows Vista. I know it is slow and makes my Pc slow either etc...
Just to lazy to get used to a new sytem ;).