Your Favourite Operating System?

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Windows 7 = improved Vista

windows 7 was what vista should have been, (i.e. it works) while vista should be forgotten and burned, nothing could have improved that, i wouldnt be surprised if they just went back to xp and worked their way back up again. (i know they probably didn't but its a nice thought)

I'm using Windows Vista. I know it is slow and makes my Pc slow either etc...
Just to lazy to get used to a new sytem ;).

get out.

Metreon

My favorite os? OS/2 Warp 4.5 (Merlin). I have it on a P2 in my basement, and in a Vobox VM.

It's awesome. To think we might not have had to put up with Windoze so much if OS/2 had been marketed properly...

Anyway, I'm primarily a Linux man these days, but I distro-hop like a mofo. So I'll list the regulars by frequency of use: Linux Mint, Linux Mint Debian (generally for my "standard-use" machines); Debian Squeeze for servers, Arch or Gentoo for my occasional specialty or pleasure use, Ubuntu for my family, OpenSUSE 11.4 with rolling updates for my design machine and poor man's render cluster, as well as programming. I have a lot of these under Xen on my main work box.

The general-use OS I use is Mint on my desktop (which I might change to Fedora 15, since it's the first Fedora I *really* like since 9.) Laptop has Ubuntu 11.04 currently, though I'm going to give Sabayon a crack. Both dual-boot windows (for games, video, and photo work only.) The desktop also has a Xen hypervisor partition (for all the other OSes.) I might go with KVM later on.

anak

VIP
windows 7 gets it done without charging me exorbitantly for it or trying to woo me with brushed metal or glass casings. i'm also getting chromium on a flash drive once it comes out of alpha/beta

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Technically, flow is a stable build. Apparently Google may not release their own official version to download on USB.

I heard that as well, such a shame they aren't offering the system to be installed on other machines other than their own specified ones. I would buy it if they were offering it for a price and install it on my machines.

3lionz

Legions Developer
I hope they arn't "Pulling an apple" and Limiting it to ONLY thier systems. I think they just don't want to
a) get sued
b) Disappoint users when it doesn't run as fast as they want.