Why people are quitting Legions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ1284

Besides the mortar topics that are spreading like wild fire (reminds me of old LR threads), I'd like to ask why people have been quitting Legions/spends way less time in Legions than before. Is it because community went ape*chocolate cookie* bad or is the game simply flawed so badly you're not having fun with it?
I'm assuming this thread might turn into flamewar, if that happens mods are free to lock this thread, but I'm hoping we can get some clear answers to question "WHY Legions isn't fun as it used to be?".

I already listed Legions: Overdrive's major flaws in other thread and ripper's post also clarifies why CTF has gone bad.
I'm merely scraping the surface here but it should be sufficient, will be posting more details if needed.

Propkid

Why people are quitting Legions?

Plz fix from 'people' to 'vets' and delete the part with CTF gone bad, because CTF is only getting better recently and the game is getting new players too. I don't know how you view the game or what happens when you join a PUB, I also don't care. The game is actually more fun than before, maybe it's because some of the vets are less active.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Its not like anyone dedicated his life for this game. I agree, some games are so bad that you don't want to play, ever, but when i join around(once or twice per day for 2-3 games) i find the game entertaining, with all the llamas and mortar splash spam.

-Why are people spending less time with legions?
-Their waiting for the next update/ Imagine eating same food all your life, you get sick of it...

-Why people are quitting legions?
-They don't find it interesting anymore.

Facts: Game under construction, next update will be a boner for us all, until then, either stick like an obsessed punk all day long in this game, or spend less time on it and more time with your real life! :)

Abandoned

Game needs more players = New players joining = New players newb = Vets don't like Nub-play = They mad

Thats really the BIG problem of this community, it's small, and it needs to expand, but this "steep learning curve" makes all of the new players become rocket bait to anyone who can move properly, they leave, we are stuck with small community. New players stay, they all use mortar, easiest weapon to get kills from, makes Vets mad again.

herpderp

Propkid

I like the term vets but I do not understand it.
Basically I like to think of 'vets' as of anyone who: is/was in any of the big name clans (in7, Vc and that clan before Vc...), who take part in PUGs pretty much regularly, who are active on the forums; but that's a really broad definition. The part of vets that's currently 'mad again' as Abandoned said it is IMO the PUG players mostly (ie. those that think/thought that PUGs are the main thing about L:O and that PUBs don't really matter. See how long that attitude lasted? :p).

MightySheep

I stop playing so much because university, oldfags die off eventually and with absolutely no newfags coming in, the playerbase obviously go down

I like the term vets but I do not understand it.
vet·er·an/ˈvetərən/

Noun:

A person who has had long experience in a particular field, esp. military service: "a veteran of two world wars".

Mahidhar

Most people here have played Legions for atleast 2 whole years. More than enough reason to quit playing this content-less game, which always had the ill privilege of falling into the hands of unworthy and inept development groups.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
People have already quit? What you are seeing is the lifecycle of legions, where people reach the point of not wanting to play the game anymore due to lack of features, etc etc, still being the same. The same gets boring. Its already happened as well, remember Null and fi.? Some people probably won't. Now those are the true vets of the game.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Alright, thread will be not much more than flamebait. Why is the game seeing less and less familiar faces playing? Exact same reason as when people were moving away from the IA version: slowed development and lack of new content. The game's still very much a unfinished product. And just like then, some players moved on to different games (understandably) but came back after content releases to check out the new content.

While there's nothing wrong with criticism about the current state or what people want changed about the current game; There is a big problem with people going out of there way to ruin the game by trolling or griefing against other players because they do not perceive the player 'playing' properly or up to their standards or just because they're bored of the game. If that's the case, then move onto another game and return later on when there's more content to address the game's current shortcomings, don't ruin the game for people who are new or even still enjoy playing the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.