Why I can't stop playing legions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymyster

I've played many games in my lifetime with a significantly larger interest in the Shooter genre (1st person mostly due to how much more of a fair and realistic perspective; opposed to third person where a perspective that a player has, has been greatly upgraded to a more omniscient view of your sprite so that you can be aware of an imminent enemy ambush easier and quicker). As I've gotten older with increased skill and tactic in Shooters generally speaking, I've found myself bored with the many games that have been released throughout the recent years. Larger bodies restricted to the ground with instant killing weapons and frequent lethal explosions that has any high school-aged tool thinking they have an extraordinary sized penis because they can get a kill with a mere burst of an M16 or a grenade launcher in Modern Warfare [enter sequel number]. I've only ended up with realizing the gap between truly skilled players and absolute noobs has only been increasingly merging, in addition to my true skill potential being limited.

Counter-Strike (a renown first person shooter) was the only game I was left that kept my mind exercised and entertained due to how much more skill was actually required to play this game. More specifically, the map "scoutzknivez" was a map that required of very quick aiming and precision with single shot sniper rifles, a map i played 99% of the time. (This was actually something really beneficial towards my skill with the LR in legions; the schema was essentially transferred. Furthermore, I recommend this for anyone looking for buffing up in their sniping ability.) However, it seemed as though this game did not captivate my interest enough to be crowned as the number one game that held the title of consuming the vast majority of my "bored at home" time.

I (very fortunately) ended up stumbling upon legions. The restriction was lifted, these smaller targets you are aiming at now have a whole new area of movement possibility that now has to be considered in your instant thought process of where to begin leading your target with your cross-hair. Though, (like every one of us) in the very beginning was significantly rocky due to mastering the simple essential movement tactics in the game of legions. As I was getting better and better at legions I found the challenge and entertainment that my brain was looking for for so long had finally found it's playground (Although I wasn't fully aware of it at the time). The jet-like movement speeds that are achieved in addition to suddenly stopping and aiming directly at a target (hence why I'm an LR fan) to get a kill serve(s/d) as way more entertainment than my brain could ask for. I didn't care if it was third person, the intricacy of this game well served as more than enough reason to not care. (Yes I know about 1st person but let's be real, the third person perspective give's you a totally different danger and location perception that is too beneficial to pass up in the game of legions)

In time I have only increasingly discovered the amount of skill required to play the game of legions and in turn have only increased interest and time devotion. Before I could really notice it, I was naturally playing legions, non-stop during nearly all the free time I had left at home. I didn't want to do anything else, T.V; Read; Waste time talking to "hard to get" women when you can just talk to the ones who are just DTF a lot sooner (with better looks too); all things that were considered a waste of time to me when compared to such a mind exercising game like legions.

In essence I guess what I'm trying to say there are most likely more of you here just like me. Those who need a game like this to help keep their minds entertained to a point which exceeds the vast majority of shooters out there. A shooter which utilizes the skill that is left untouched by most shooters in this day and age.

Legions: Overdrive

Dev's you've done well so far, you might have some touching up to do, but you've done damn well. You guys will go far with this game, I believe in you.

It's about 4:11am here in New Jersey.

I'm pretty high.

I'm pretty high.

that would definitely explain alot of things. but i agree, i really enjoy how the freedom of movement aspect of Legions really gets you into how shooters should be played for more excitement (including how damage output is done. now you can actually kill someone after they sprayed at your back)

Propkid

In time I have only increasingly discovered the amount of skill required to play the game of legions and in turn have only increased interest and time devotion. Before I could really notice it, I was naturally playing legions, non-stop during nearly all the free time I had left at home. I didn't want to do anything else, T.V; Read; Waste time talking to "hard to get" women when you can just talk to the ones who are just DTF a lot sooner (with better looks too); all things that were considered a waste of time to me when compared to such a mind exercising game like legions.
So if due to spending an increasing amount of time on Legions you: drop out of school/uni/lose your job/get an STD/never get married then the devs have you on their conscience.

Good to know.

You sir I salute you.This is why people play legions
I couldn't have said it better myself. I couldn't say it all .
images

Siantlark

Meh. I haven't been in Legions in a llloooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg while. I'm not sure why. Last time I played it was still fun but my interest has generally petered away. It's probably because of FireinAsa. Too pro for little newbs like me. DAMN YOU! *Shakes fist* :mad:

curser656

I haven't played in a while either. It's not that I'm not interested anymore, but when ever I play I just get raped and I can't improve by just dying. All FireinAsa's fault.

Disci

Old man
Yeah, Fire comes to euro games sometimes and it's very annoying cos we have to carry him pretty much the whole game. We have decided we don't pick him anymore. He ruins the fun for everyone.

Society

Quick question - Does anyone mom ever ask them why do you play Legions so much or as they would refer to it, "That Game"?
Another question - How many of you have a girlfriend, or have a life ?

curser656

Quick question - Does anyone mom ever ask them why do you play Legions so much or as they would refer to it, "That Game"?
No to the first question,
Not anymore to the second question.

Propkid

Mom thing- No
GF- Yes and too much life, gone into no-life.

Legions isn't time consuming. Too much of it works bad on your nerves recently. Back in IA I could spend 5 hours on Legions, but now I play 3 or 4 matches a day and I'm ok.

Siantlark

Yes.
And also Yes and What is this life that you speak of?

Im 14. We don't have much of a life at this age!

Status
Not open for further replies.