Why do so few regularly play Legions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ1284

Just curious. I hardly see more than two in a game, but often there are none at all. Is it too hard to learn? Or do people find it not fun to play?

I really wish more people would play this game. It makes the game so much more interesting.

:)

No seriously, what gives?

A2

Most of the time, even I don't see many. But then there are certain timings I see the servers full, and I try playing at that time.
But yeah what gives? :p

Dacil

my guess is it's probably not fun....it does get old pretty fast...esp. if you don't know about pugs

maybe we should think about what makes us come back and play...the public games? the pugs? the friends and people we play with? just to get ideas rollin

ocarina_boy

Alot of players here are in school or university and up to their neck in government propaganda OOPS I mean textbooks and studies and exams. They simply don't have enough time to play their favourite games. All they do is study. Plus they want to hang out with their friends and family and girlfriend. There's so much stuff to fit into our daily lives that it leaves no room for online games, maybe an hour or two here and there. Besides, we're all on this planet a limited amount of time, and I think we can all agree, that we want to spend that time having fun and enjoy life to the best of our ability, right? Having a good job, wife and kids, SUV, golf on weekends, mortgage that takes 40 years to pay off, is most peoples idea of what life should be, or similiar to that. Unless your like me and perhaps a few other weirdo's here, who don't want/have a wife or kids, don't want a house we can't afford, don't have a good job, and let's face it, not much of a social life, you simply don't have the space to fit Leejunz into your hectic life schedule.

Application-1

test bester
What makes me come back and play are the pugs. And hanging around in teamspeak is fun. Playing a pub and being on teamspeak at the same time is very fun to. If nobody is on teamspeak I enjoy pubs alot less, and considering I am a euro this happens alot to me. Euros should get on teamspeak more.

I also found that it's best to take Legions is small doses. Good games are rare, and there's not enough content atm to keep mediocre games interesting and challenging.

Immanent

*chocolate cookies* ping, bad standard of level of players.
All the US servers are never simultaneously full...

Armageddon

Teapot
You know i don't see Tribes 1 players complaining this bad about only seeing a 100 or so people a day on.

My guess is other games, Since IA I've had at least a dozen or more people i played tribes with come and play legions. They enjoyed the game but legions can't compete with the other "Big" titles like Cod/MW and from reading IRC i guess even WoW (Gore/Strife shame on you). The big games have marketing and we have word of mouth. We do have two things the above games don't have, A great community that gives a *chocolate cookies* about the game & a lot to look forward to seeing as the game is only in beta.

Calimo

Yeah... legion's has been in beta for 2 years... but...

Legions always seemed to be on IA's back-burner list. IA had (had) the resources for at least a short time to do something with Legions, but they chose to put their priorities elsewhere for whatever reason (It made my brain hurt to follow what was going on with IA... so I stopped midway.)

I have seen more updates to legions since it's re-release... Than I did with my membership to IA from November 2008 - Death.

So yeah, thing's might seem slow and boring... But try and focus on the positives. We've got a committed team of developer's now who WANT to work on the game. It's going to be one hell of a game when it gets further to completion. And the developer's from what I can tell, are doing the best job they possibly can do to make it great.

Propkid

Uh ah don't worry, once I fix my PC and get back onto the shazbots they will start filling up again just cause everyone wants a piece of me ;p

On topic: by just looking on the FE:L facebook fan page i'm quite sure that not everyone knows about Legions being back. I suggest the admin of that fan-page is contacted. Besides that the elitist:newblood ratio is way worse in L:O than it used to be in FE:L... scares people off.

Frosted

Well the game doesn't have enough stuff to do and some players have been playing the same maps over and over for the last 2-3 years.

What made tribes really fun was all the different roles you could play.

skypredator

I'm somewhat tired of the same content being shoved in my face for the past two years, but I don't mind pulling off a killer cap on a map that I know well. Nor do I mind using a certain set of weapons relatively well. Legions has run into lots of troubles so far, which explains why it's still only in Beta. I see your point of view, Daph, but if people did that, legions would be dead all together. We should be thankful that the Devs decided to take time out of their personal lives to bring the game back to life. At this point, Legions is a very dynamic game. My theory is this: As soon as Legions gets the original maps back, more Dedicated Servers, an in-game class/skin/helmet interface, and possibly new weapons, Legions will begin attracting more players, and, IMO, will be in Beta no longer. My question is who'll own Legions. WIll it be a single proprietorship, or a joint ownership? Would Legions EVER reach the height it was at previous to the IA era?

Skepsis

I remember a long time ago when I first logged on IA, A bunch of players were online playing. In my opinion I believe Legion's Downfall started when the easy was taken off the game. Legions would be more interesting if there were more players, But legions is way too much skill for beginners and that is why People start leaving and giving up on playing. I remember seeing people who Complained about GLS being taken off and said "Im leaving this game" for that matter. But yes, The game isn't Finished but when it is finished I would love to see more active players and PUG's in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.