Why do so few regularly play Legions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypredator

When I first played, I played as a sniper, on Core. I saw a few players up on the two jetty-like walkways attached to the Alpha Base. I took one look at them and said "How the *dance* did the get up there?" Then, I saw a few of them FLYING. Yes, I was a noob. One of the players was very good. I can't recall his name, but it was either something like Scopper. I'm sure a few of you remember him. This may be why many new players leave the game so soon. I suggest we replace the current loading screen with a "Controls" page, with the loading bar near the middle/bottom of the screen. This way, new players will learn some of the controls, instead of having to be taught by other players.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I suggest we replace the current loading screen with a "Controls" page, with the loading bar near the middle/bottom of the screen. This way, new players will learn some of the controls, instead of having to be taught by other players.

This was a major problem back in IA days. Not only controls, but also general help on skiing and movement. The 'help' sheet just contained go grab the enemy flag, and capture it. This obviously encouraged massive llamaing

skypredator

I'm thinking along the lines of what the PlayStation and Xbox does. It would be a normal loading screen containing images of of the controls and what they do, along with a helpful tip.

Buhlitz

Having a good job, wife and kids, SUV, golf on weekends, mortgage that takes 40 years to pay off, is most peoples idea of what life should be, or similiar to that. Unless your like me and perhaps a few other weirdo's here, who don't want/have a wife or kids, don't want a house we can't afford, don't have a good job,

I just think it's funny that you start your post off with the use of propaganda only to be the victim of the word yourself. Is that really your dream? To have one job paying off a house you never REALLY made enough money to afford, as a part of the system of debt, and corporate america, and consumer bullshit (suv). You are getting sucked and pulled into ALL SORTS of propaganda dude. I don't know about kids, a wife maybe, I want to OWN my house, and I want to not have to work AT ALL, and have fun rock climbing and sky diving. *garsh* Golf on the weekends. Suburbia makes me sick.

With that said, leejunz will not retain any sort of major flow of players until it's done. So cool it with the "why are people not playing legions?" Probably because it appeals and is marketed to so few people.

Abandoned

This game is pretty secluded..

Maybe having a "demo/trial" first? Kind-of like playlegions.com (dead) to give new players few ideas and basic concept and controls(+tips e.g skiiing). People wouldn't just download an indie game they have very limited knowledge about and go through all the hassle to make an ID/register, learn how to use the 'live' folder etc,.

Call me lazy or not, but thats my view on how this game should bring in more players.

ocarina_boy

I just think it's funny that you start your post off with the use of propaganda only to be the victim of the word yourself. Is that really your dream? To have one job paying off a house you never REALLY made enough money to afford, as a part of the system of debt, and corporate america, and consumer bullshit (suv). You are getting sucked and pulled into ALL SORTS of propaganda dude. I don't know about kids, a wife maybe, I want to OWN my house, and I want to not have to work AT ALL, and have fun rock climbing and sky diving. *garsh* Golf on the weekends. Suburbia makes me sick.

You've misunderstood me. I was generalizing. I wasn't talking about me I was pointing out what most of the horde believe a normal life is.

skypredator

That's the problem with today's America, Buhlitz. We try to live within our gross salary, not our Net pay. If you're told that you're gonna earn $100,000 a year, don't get so excited. You're not gonna see a good $32,000 of that. Living it big and getting into debt isn't fun. Living within your net pay may not be either, but at least you're not followed by debt most of your life. This post is getting a little off topic, but most people don't regularly play Legions because we have other things to do. For example, I don't run every day like I used to because I have more things to do. Playing Legions is a hobby and a luxury that the Devs were nice enough to afford for us at their own expense of personal time and effort. :)

Immanent

. We try to live within our gross salary, not our Net pay. If you're told that you're gonna earn $100,000 a year, don't get so excited. You're not gonna see a good $32,000 of that. :)

And that ladies and gentlemen, is why you move to Singapore. Low tax, good quality of food and life. :)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Alright, it's getting rather off topic in here, so this will be a good time to lock things up.

Bottom line: Legions is an unfinished, niche product at this point. Once it becomes more complete, Seymour will start making noise (and ask for the community's help in making that noise!). Things will get quiet, this is how it was with IA, things would become quiet until the next update. I imagine this cycle will continue until Legions is more feature rich and able to maintain interest between these updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.