Welcome to public testing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Private Tester
Hi all, welcome back to Legions!

This weekend is our public test weekend, where all of you devoted chaps who signed up for private testing before thanksgiving are being given the chance to help us with our last stress test of the game before public release.

That said, keep in mind that this is still definitely a test, not a release; we have a bit more polish to take care of, a few things to fix still, and the servers haven't been tested with lots of people on them yet, so we don't know how they will handle. We need your feedback and testing to help with that.

In this forum, PLEASE post any time you run into a problem. We need your help to finish the game. If the game crashes, tell us about it. Tell us what you were doing at the time, what your computer is like, and any other information you think is helpful. If your grandma was in the background doing a voodoo dance to summon demonic waves at your machine, let us know.

There are a few things we know about; we know it crashes sometimes when you exit. We know you can get a divide by zero error the first time you open the patcher. There are problably a few other things we know about that I'm forgetting, I'll make a post to keep track of stuff as it gets reported. Don't try to copy in your old prefs/configs files, they can break stuff. Remake your config, and only add in the important stuff if you need to. If you don't know how to do that, just use the ingame stuff.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Should a change log be implemented so that people don't think things are bugs that aren't? If I remember correctly, the rocket jump mechanic has been changed, and we've already had one person think that the random skins was a bug, so...

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Okay, just that I'd heard Mabel talking the other day about how you have to shoot behind you and how it wasn't a bug. Didn't know it was a side effect.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
It was said that you'd need to shoot behind you unless you were flying across the map at high speed. Basically, unless you're going super fast, you'll have to RJ behind you (which makes more sense realistically anyways).

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Less latency means that when you're looking below you and fire, well... you're shooting below you, not behind you.

MJ1284

Here's a small list of issues I've encountered so far:

- Occasional server crashing (I assume this'll get fixed fairly quickly once L:O goes public for all).
- In CTF, other team's flag simply disappeared (ie. didn't appear on flagstand after someone returns), this seems to happen on Frostbyte more than on other maps
- Legions.exe crashed after alt-tab switching (only happened once though, not sure if it's just my computer or the software).
- Flag HUD display is missing (where Alpha & Beta flags are, how much longer until they get returned)
- Sometime player names disappear, they're either displayed as blank or (genericusername)
- MA distance calculations are messed up, now it shows ALL direct hits from rockets/grenades as mid-air hits even if enemy is standing still on the ground.

Besides flag disappearance there's only been some minor flaws. Will keep you informed if I run into anything else.

Homingun

-Rarely, as I respawn as an outrider, I get a bug where my model becomes invisible but there is a white shadow of the model with the feet pointing towards me (in third person of course) moving around. After the next respawn, it goes back to normal. Other people apparently observer a half-visible model.
-I noticed this especially on Zenith, but when the flag or the flag stand is too far away, you can't see their indicators on the screen anymore so if ur on a wide route, u can't see where either of the flags are.
-Same flag bug as before where you can throw into objects.
-Sometimes when you do overdrive or respawn, the energy indicator on the hud is empty and suddenly it jumps to full or where ever it's supposed to be.
-I wouldn't say this is a bug but it would be nice if there was an message to tell that the flag was picked up and dropped. Personally, these indicators help me keep track of what is happening with the flags.
-Also, when a flag is capped, sometimes the message that it was capped overwrites the message of the resulting points of the cap.

If I remember or find more bugs I will let you guys know.

Quick question-
So the rocketjumps are done player side now or are they still done server side? Or did you guys just make just up the priority of the rocket splash?

Awesome job guys. Thank you for helping me remember why I liked Legions so much!

Before I forget,

-As a sniper, I have noticed that if I'm shooting over a ledge that is in front of me. The beam bends or hits the ledge itself. I do make sure that the ledge is not in the way of my weapon.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] So the rocketjumps are done player side now or are they still done server side? Or did you guys just make just up the priority of the rocket splash? [...]
Exactly like before, just with less latency.
As a sniper, I have noticed that if I'm shooting over a ledge that is in front of me. The beam bends or hits the ledge itself. I do make sure that the ledge is not in the way of my weapon.
This should, as far as I know, affect the other weapons the same way, not only the LR.

GReaper

Grumpy
- Occasional server crashing (I assume this'll get fixed fairly quickly once L:O goes public for all).

Just to make sure that inaccurate information isn't being spread - the servers haven't crashed out on us yet.

There have been bugs which have caused null and blank name issues (which should be fixed), which meant we had to restart servers. It's faster to just kill and restart each server from the console instead of joining and notifying everyone (it is a test weekend afterall).

Status
Not open for further replies.