weapons you would like to see

weapons you would like to see

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Tribes had ELF gun which drained your Energy quickly (practically forcing you to fall flat on ground), some people found it useful while others didn't.

Little offtopic: I really wouldn't mind removing the auto-regen altogether, or limiting it to certain radius from homebase. Currently maps like Nivosus & Moonshine suffer from idiotic base design which favors chaser/flag returner far too much if carrier gets cornered in 1vs1 (let alone in 2 def vs 3 O situations), as if that wasn't bad enough there's also universal ammo stations... meaning attacker can replenish both ammo AND health while carrier placed in hopeless situation.

ELF was ugly. What I'd like to see is an MJ1284-submachine gun which fires automated rockets that hit your target 225% of the time. That's what I call a weapon :)

MJ1284

ELF was ugly. What I'd like to see is an MJ1284-submachine gun which fires automated rockets that hit your target 225% of the time. That's what I call a weapon :)

How about regular submachine gun with 300 % accuracy & named after one infamous chainer? I'd be called G(r)ay Gun
biggrin.png

Braiken

Tribes had ELF gun which drained your Energy quickly (practically forcing you to fall flat on ground), some people found it useful while others didn't.

Little offtopic: I really wouldn't mind removing the auto-regen altogether, or limiting it to certain radius from homebase. Currently maps like Nivosus & Moonshine suffer from idiotic base design which favors chaser/flag returner far too much if carrier gets cornered in 1vs1 (let alone in 2 def vs 3 O situations), as if that wasn't bad enough there's also universal ammo stations... meaning attacker can replenish both ammo AND health while carrier placed in hopeless situation.

Quick energy drain is no for me too (for the reason you've posted). Still a new weapon that would add some over time effect would open up new dimensions

Armageddon

Teapot
1.Mines - Little to no damage, just enough to bounce an incoming capper.
2.Turret - Like seymour's idea, light power and light armored.
3.Health Kits - To replace the regen.
4. Beacons - Disco Disco
5. ??????????
6.Profit

Lin

I want a weapon that feels badass. I don't even really care if its effective. I just want something that shoots big, loud, and fast. I keep subconsciously feeling like the guns are currently all weaksauce.

In all seriousness,
Airstrike gun/ The Dropper (if we want to be cool). Now the names don't sound right so I'll need to come up with something better. This gun drops (like vertically, straight below the legionairre) unfuelled rockets (aka bombs) in series of 3 on whatever is down below the legionairre. The rockets travel at the same speed as the legionairre when he drops them, although OFC the air friction slows them down. A chaser gun + defence disturbance gun. If you consider the base sizes/shapes it doesn't seem OP at all. Now I quite like this one, because Outriders will finally have a weapon with which they manage better than other classes thanks to them being able to fly high up etc.
I like this. But the bombs need some serious splash damage. Like, two hit kill within 10 meters. Otherwise its underpowered

skypredator

We have lasers. What more could we possibly want? I propose a gameplay style much like "search-And-Destroy". De-arm the nuke in time, or it blows everyone to hell and the "bomb-squad" team loses.

Armageddon

Teapot
Airstrike gun = Cluster Grenade.

Things like that and other off the wall ideas are more like mod fodder(If we will be able to mod at all).
I use to think adding more weapons would improve the game but that was way back when, now i realize that if anything is added it should serve a purpose and add to the game play.

Lin

But we can't really use the cluster grenade effectively to airstrike. It's incredibly hard to drop from above given that its only on the sentinel, It shoots one at a time, and by the time you get 50% off of the base defenders, you're back on the ground.

The reason I liked the airstrike gun is because I thought it would add more to the gameplay, and would go particularly well with base assets or heavy vehicles, which have been discussed for months, as kind of a counter-turret thing.

skypredator

I agree, Lin. Maybe something along the lines of an Airstrike Designator would do the trick. The said weapon has binoculars on it with a really cool HUD and a bunch of rotating stuff. The user aims at a certain spot for a said amount of time, and then, 2 minutes later, *BOOM*. All enemies within vicinity of the asplozhun are now mincemeat. A great idea struck me as I was writing this. First, I thought of Thermal Binoculars. Then I thought of a Thermal scope for the LR! And since a whole lot of people don't exactly love the sniper class, this wouldn't be abused. That's would be pretty cool. And maybe satellite scanners that reveals the enemies' position. But this would be in the far, far future. :D

Lin

The airstrike designator would be massively overpowered, given that the heavy on flag pretty much stays in place for most of the match, so the only weakness, the delay, has no effect.
The thermal scope could be cool, but I feel like theres no use for it right now. Its not like theres any chance people become hard to see at any time...

Mike

Fireblasto, PLEASE stop saying "Read" at every interval like you're the king of all of the information related to Legions... not everyone is as proficient and as well-versed as you in Legions information, so just cut some guys a break, will ya?

Armageddon

Teapot
I agree, Lin. Maybe something along the lines of an Airstrike Designator would do the trick. The said weapon has binoculars on it with a really cool HUD and a bunch of rotating stuff. The user aims at a certain spot for a said amount of time, and then, 2 minutes later, *BOOM*. All enemies within vicinity of the asplozhun are now mincemeat. A great idea struck me as I was writing this. First, I thought of Thermal Binoculars. Then I thought of a Thermal scope for the LR! And since a whole lot of people don't exactly love the sniper class, this wouldn't be abused. That's would be pretty cool. And maybe satellite scanners that reveals the enemies' position. But this would be in the far, far future. :D

I hope for the love of Flying spaghetti monster that was sarcasm.

skypredator

I'm really scared too. And I have a reason to be. Because I'm dead serious. Legions' setting is somewhere in the far, far future. Even past Halo's setting, because by this point, one man can carry three highly powerful weapons that weigh somewhere between 80 and 300 pounds. We should have nukes by then (It's not like we already have them in THIS day and age). The termal binoculars and Thermal scope for Legions is truly a feasable idea, since, again, we're PAST the Halo age and we already have them. We've had them for the past 50 years. We even have lasers that burn through 8 inches of steel and rays that make you feel like you're on fire. If anything we should be carrying deployable S.A.M. Launchers. Which brings me to another idea. If turrets and base assets were implemented, I'm thinking about a S.A.M. launcher for those pesky little L.O.'s.

Btw, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is my pet. So is Voltaire. Ucan back off my Voltz.

Lin

ummmmm. thermal is useless. theres no need for greater vision, because theres nowhere to hide in this game.
In regards to the nuke idea; legions is the kind of game where dying is hard. It takes me a couple minutes to die, vs. a couple fractions of a second in CoD. anything that is oneshot needs some severe limits.

Armageddon

Teapot
I'm really scared too. And I have a reason to be. Because I'm dead serious. Legions' setting is somewhere in the far, far future. Even past Halo's setting, because by this point, one man can carry three highly powerful weapons that weigh somewhere between 80 and 300 pounds. We should have nukes by then (It's not like we already have them in THIS day and age). The termal binoculars and Thermal scope for Legions is truly a feasable idea, since, again, we're PAST the Halo age and we already have them. We've had them for the past 50 years. We even have lasers that burn through 8 inches of steel and rays that make you feel like you're on fire. If anything we should be carrying deployable S.A.M. Launchers. Which brings me to another idea. If turrets and base assets were implemented, I'm thinking about a S.A.M. launcher for those pesky little L.O.'s.

Btw, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is my pet. So is Voltaire. Ucan back off my Voltz.

I hate everything you just said.

jus say'in.

Status
Not open for further replies.