Tutorial or something

Royalty

The Aussie
I have told many of my friends about LO. They have downloaded the game, tried to play, but just don't get what they are doing.....
I suggest implementing a few video tutorials or in-game tutorials in the near future.

In Game Tutorials:
DerekM_Tutorial_Legions.jpgAn actual series of rooms/ situations where the new player has to follow the instructions

Or at least in the meantime a button below "OPTIONS" on the main menu labelled "HELP or CONTROLS" which make this pop up-
controls.png

This doesn't just help my friends. I am sure that many other new players have downloaded legions, not known how to play, gotten pissed off because they are getting killed all the time/ witnessing people whizzing past them, whilst they are walking the whole map!!!! And then because of this horrible experience they will never try playing Legions again!!!!

We need tutorials now!!!
Don't tell me off devs!!!
Don't lock this thread because there are multiple threads like this!!!
Just do it!!! (when you can)
:):):)

*goes back to playing legions

Fixious

Test Lead
Bugs mentioned something like this during one of the Legions Live shows I think. No idea when or if it'll actually get implemented.

Abandoned

No not really. They are pro at COD and have played games using WASD before.

I laughed. Point and shoot.

The devs of FE:L back in IA used to have something like "playlegions.com". If this game is liscenced under IA, shouldn't the devs have access to this "learn-to-play" demo style too? It wouldn't be too hard to implement the feature. Would it?

Royalty

The Aussie
Ok forget about my friends being good at COD. They are smart, mentally stable, non-retarded, sane, 100% there teenagers, who should be able to know WTF is happening when they play a game for the first time.

MJ1284

If players need help finding guides, tutorials, or anything, try to direct them to a useful thread.

Here's a few:

"Helpers"
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/helpers.652/

"Legions Survival Guide"
http://www.legionsplayers.com/videos/survival-guide/

"Movement Tutorial"
http://www.legionsplayers.com/videos/quick-movement-tutorial/

"Guide to Being Effective"
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/guide-to-being-effective.179/
Tell your friends to take a look at videos I bolded, if your friends truly "are smart, mentally stable, non-retarded, sane, 100% there teenagers"* and they really want to learn, their attention span should be enough to spent 15 minutes watching these educational videos.

* Not trying to be mean or anything.

Disci

Old man
I am sure that many other new players have downloaded legions, not known how to play, gotten pissed off because they are getting killed all the time/ witnessing people whizzing past them, whilst they are walking the whole map!!!! And then because of this horrible experience they will never try playing Legions again!!!!

I found this very interesting and did all I could to learn everything and I wanted to be as good as everyone else. Those who doesn't, deserve to be *dancing* losers the rest of their lives.

DKnight556

One problem is a lot of people will say this is to hard and give up really easily. Those who work hard will become great players those that don't and wine won't. Simple as that

Krakyn

You have 2 choices that I know of if your new right now, 1. Learn on their own. 2. Search engines. The Devs are very busy and I could tell you right now that everyone wants the new big updates with the shiny guns and all. Then maybe the devs would focus their work on that, otherwise maybe the people should actually ask for right now and learn with someone else if they dont want to learn by themselves.

Disci

Old man
You have 2 choices that I know of if your new right now, 1. Learn on their own. 2. Search engines. The Devs are very busy and I could tell you right now that everyone wants the new big updates with the shiny guns and all. Then maybe the devs would focus their work on that, otherwise maybe the people should actually ask for right now and learn with someone else if they dont want to learn by themselves.

This and also hop on IRC and ask for help if you feel like you're lost. There is IRC tab up there you can use.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
We need tutorials now!!!
Don't tell me off devs!!!
Don't lock this thread because there are multiple threads like this!!!
Just do it!!!
Ignorance at its finest.

Its not like we haven't thought of this yet, Royalty. Basically, when the game is finished enough to be advertised is when we worry about tutorials.

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
You guys got to understand that you just can't wave a wand and make stuff happen. I agree there needs to be some form of map to get the basics down. I'm not a C++ programer and I doubt it just can happen over night. What i had planned will be a very good idea of breaking in newbs to get a feel for the game, but its going require obstacle courses for flying, and duck spawing locations using switches for shooting mid airs and etc, as well as flag machines. Unfortunately my focus is else where currently so I'm unable to do that. But once I get the meat and potatoes then maybe I'll work with the bread and butter... you get me?