download 10.08mb/s
upload 1.70mb/s

connected over wifi

Attachments

• legions.shazbot.eu.png
    legions.shazbot.eu.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 19

Mahidhar

I use a Wifi Router too, but I connect my laptop to it, through the cable. My mom uses another computer which has the Wifi adapter to it. Your Router should have the LAN ports too, so try it out.

GReaper

Grumpy
If you can't avoid wifi then make sure that nothing else is saturating the upstream or downstream. Any P2P apps, Spotify, and so on will use that connection for uploading.

However if it's not that, then it's up to you to deal with your ISP, which will certainly involve plugging a computer directly into the cablemodem.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
it may have been the router i was using or my computer's wifi that was causing it. i now have an old apple airport plugged in the back by ethernet cable, allowing me to use a different router.

i will be back with more results soon :D

Gravis

Did what reaper asked. Here's the saved file of my ping. I'm also using WiFi.

Attachments

• justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 6

GReaper

Grumpy
Did what reaper asked. Here's the saved file of my ping. I'm also using WiFi.

You blocked out the IP address of the server we ask you to ping? :(

Your traceroute shows no packetloss at the server itself, and the ping is within a pretty good range. Did you actually have any issues during this pingplotter session?

Gravis

Oh, I thought that was my IP address. As for the issues, I did have some problems at first with a bit of lag/frame-rate issues here or there, but they eventually stopped, though in a PUG last night my ping was a little higher than usual. Worked alright fortunately.

I'll see if I can catch a better example of the lag I'm getting today.

Gravis

Was able to document a recent lag spike.

Attachments

• justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    justice.legionsoverdrive.com.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 4