Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armageddon

Teapot
I got something for a link posted but it only sent me to more malware sites and blocked me from google/facebook and redirected me to fake information sites. Had to have my brother download AVG for me and then boot it from the USB because it blocked AVG from being installed or run from my PC. 45 mins later AVG found and removed the problem.

Fixious

Test Lead
I got something for a link posted but it only sent me to more malware sites and blocked me from google/facebook and redirected me to fake information sites. Had to have my brother download AVG for me and then boot it from the USB because it blocked AVG from being installed or run from my PC. 45 mins later AVG found and removed the problem.
When was this? Was it via PM?

Armageddon

Teapot
It was about a week ago, i clicked a link (Video i think) in an off topic thread (can't remember from who) but as soon as i did i realized i was borked. It sent me from legionsod.com to a firefox mock download site, funny thing is chrome never prompted me about any download incoming or in progress, it was a pain in the ass to get rid of since my pc was unallowed google anything. Funny thing is Bing was not blocked but i refuse to use Bing so i made my bro get AVG for me.

Armageddon

Teapot
Yeah, i mean it got the rat out but it also removed something important from win7. on reboot i got a blue screen error looking for %hs which was missing, no idea what it is and not sure if that was part of the attack or a *dance* up by AVG. Had to use win repair to fix that.

Edit error code was:
STOP:c0000135 file %hs is missing.

Seems to be connected with people using AVG so...

Fixious

Test Lead
Bah. After yet another issue with the laptop I just ended up reformatting it tonight. All (should) be well now. This also mean I lost my IA archive...

:(

RainPilot

stinky bear
Hey Fixious,
There are some guys on the computerhope.com forum that are pretty good at destroying viruses.

They've gotten all the nasty viruses I've gotten in the years - including the one where pretty much every 'expert' told me to wipe HD or take it to GeekSquad.

Just a thought, if you get desperate enough.

Fixious

Test Lead
Hey Fixious,
There are some guys on the computerhope.com forum that are pretty good at destroying viruses.

They've gotten all the nasty viruses I've gotten in the years - including the one where pretty much every 'expert' told me to wipe HD or take it to GeekSquad.

Just a thought, if you get desperate enough.
I think reformatting HD= desperate enough. Too late though, but thanks.

I heard the legions staff may be pursuing legal lawsuit against the "hacker". Just wanted to post this.
956bb64b2108259ef8c7c73fd3f1088d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.