Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Going to just repost the blog post here in its entirety - keep safe out there, Legionnaires!

Just a heads up...
There's been a few reports of a user attempting to infect users systems with trojans, keyloggers, etc. Basically, remember to keep some common sense when it comes to installing mods: avoid running any .exe files, don't automatically click on website links posted, only accept files from people you trust, etc.
If anyone approaches you and asks you to download a file or visit a questionable, unknown website, notify your friendly neighborhood Seymour immediately.

Arch

Legions Developer
Got this from blaze today. Not sure if it's legit.

blaze said:
Check out my new website that I made for legions:
[website removed]

You guys can be admin there, check it out.
If you guys get an error, the website requires java and adobe flash.

Fixious

Test Lead
I am a victim of this. Pretty nasty stuff, been battling with it for 6+ hours now. Will likely have to take it someone else who knows more about this stuff.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Fixious

Test Lead
Any way to disable my account without deleting it? I'm very likely at risk of pulling a blaze, and would rather have any kind of posting/submitting privileges removed from whoever is responsible for this.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
For assurance and added security, I would suggest to people in the near future to post entire URL's instead of linking in a word itself just so that people can see it.

Also, note that you could get a link that says something like: www.legionsoverdrive.com.malware.com. Such an address would not go to a subsite of L:O, but instead to a subsite of malware.com. Please read the full URL before following.

Fixious

Test Lead
The website asked to install a Java plugin, if anyone is curious. It looked like a completely normal java plugin popup, so I went ahead and accepted it. Guess I put too much faith in Google/Chrome. Odd how MSE didn't detect it either, which is generally good at this sort of stuff.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In general, they are best at detecting things once they are aware of them. Unfortunately, smaller things can slip through because it doesn't infect enough people that it gets reported to them.

Fixious

Test Lead
Anyone know what ICC Center is? I saw it when I looked at my startup programs. I saw "Legions OverDrive" and thought it was a bit strange anything related to L:O would be a startup program. It apparently launched from an AppData folder. Something like appdata/ICC Center/Processor Unit, but when manually going to ICC Center the folder is empty. Strange.

A few of the files I couldn't remove came from AppData as well, but this ICC Center stuff never showed up as one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.