RIP Steve Jobs

stefygraff

Private Tester
However he was a great entrepreneur!

Exactly! But thats about everything about him, don't turn him into an idol! he took your money :D (lots of it)

And also, don't tell me that Apple has no future ideas, pretty sure that ol' Steve Jobs left lots of unrelieved inventions for the next 20 years :D

Xtreme

shaska's bff
301103_10150338130301668_502281667_7867031_271281267_n.jpg

Dacil

he was not only an entrepreneur, he changed the way graphic designers and digital artists work forever and to me (and many many other artists) that was the most groundbreaking

Exactly! But thats about everything about him, don't turn him into an idol! he took your money :D (lots of it)

And also, don't tell me that Apple has no future ideas, pretty sure that ol' Steve Jobs left lots of unrelieved inventions for the next 20 years :D
he created something groundbreaking....how do you NOT make money from it? he was a shareholder, not some "1 billion dollar annual salary guy" ...although he got a lot from shareholding, he did not get any from a salary

and i hate macs and ipods and ipads and what not, so i'm not defending the company for sure, just this man's integrity

Heartsong

he did not get any from a salary

Frankly, I'm not really affected by Steve Jobs' death, but this struck me as being something I should respond to.

Before I even try to explain anything about how the tax code in the US works, I'll just quickly point out that Warren Buffett's yearly salary is 100,000. I only know this because he himself points it out a lot. Also, Warren Buffett is worth roughly 45 billion dollars. How? He's got a *chocolate cookies* ton of money rolled up in investments and stocks. That doesn't mean he isn't absurdly wealthy, it just means that he's smart about how he's acquiring that wealth.The reason why extremely rich executives cap their salary is because the taxes that they pay on stock options are peanuts compared to what they'd pay if they took their value as a salary.

Make no mistake, Steve Jobs was rich as *dance*.

stefygraff

Private Tester
and i hate macs and ipods and ipads and what not, so i'm not defending the company for sure, just this man's integrity

Nope, i don't want to say bad words or anything, but as others said:

The man Steve Jobs was not just a freak in tech! but a very good orator too, his speakes were very nice, but thats it.

Dacil

Nope, i don't want to say bad words or anything, but as others said:

The man Steve Jobs was not just a freak in tech! but a very good orator too, his speakes were very nice, but thats it.
yeah true, i overlooked the speech part b/c it's not the first thing i think of when i think of how he's impacted my life personally, but it's true he was great at that

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
If you compare him to Bill Gates.

Steve Jobs's wealth:
Net worth
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$7.0 billion (Sept. 2011)

Bill Gates's wealth:
Net worth
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$59 billion (2011)

He didn't exactly flaunt his money around, I mean have you seen the type of clothes Steve Jobs used to wear. A pair of tacky jeans, and a simple top.
Get real, he was a man of principles, a man with great ideals.

Heartsong

If you compare him to Bill Gates.

Steve Jobs's wealth:
Net worth
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$7.0 billion (Sept. 2011)

Bill Gates's wealth:
Net worth
11px-Increase2.svg.png
$59 billion (2011)

He didn't exactly flaunt his money around, I mean have you seen the type of clothes Steve Jobs used to wear. A pair of tacky jeans, and a simple top.
Get real, he was a man of principles, a man with great ideals.

7.0 billion dollars.

I never said that Steve Jobs threw money around. I also never said that he didn't have great ideals. I didn't say that mostly because I don't know because I don't really care about him. I said, as you should have known because you quoted it, that he was rich. That was all I said.

Bill Gates is also, as it turns out, rich as *dance*. That has absolutely no bearing on whether or not Steve Jobs is also rich as *dance*. He was.

Society

this makes me wonder what does this means for the future of Apple ? Because it can only go one of two ways , either *chocolate cookies* is going to get better , or worse . It may be impossible for things to stay the same. Because at the end of the day, nobody can never care about a product more than its creator. With that being said , the next person in line may only care about the $ . and if that happens the quality will most likely suffer. Hopefully that wouldn't be the case. But you never know.

WhiteHawk

there is a new player that named himself after him....lol just to let you guys know steve jobs is still alive in this one player.