Remove Stygian From The Map Rotation (Or make it appear less often)

Royalty

The Aussie
A large portion of the community hates this map, and every time it's on about 85% percent of the people in the server start complaining and spamming the chatbox about how gay the map is. Fix the rotation or remove Stygian please.

Disci

Old man
Weird, that I have seen Stygian only once during the last 5 days I've been playing atleast 4-5 maps per evening. I'd say it's pretty *dancing* retarded, that we can't play a map which is atleast as well balanced as any other map. People should look into the mirror...

Immanent

Stygian is good for experienced players who want a challenge and a break from frostbyte and zenith (the two freaking maps that PUGS are only played on, and captains get bitched at when choosing any other map for a pug.)

I for one, am sick of tired of playing PUGS on Frostbyte and Zenith, and would like to play a PUG on Core (great potential for awesome pugs), but no, people are too stubborn, and only like what they know will guarantee a "good" game by their standards. I guess this community needs to open up to new possibilities (otherwise what is the point in releasing new maps?)

The only reason I figure why people dislike this map so much is that because they do not know any cap routes that will bypass the enemy's defense and make it out alive, or just too lazy to figure out/copy any. It actually makes you think about how to cap when playing the game, not just doing a crappy front route and leaving the base miraculously.

This has already been discussed, and I think GReaper has proposed a weighting system for each map (and I think on certain servers the weighting of stygian was reduced to at least half of the other maps so it appeared less frequently).

RisingSun

Private Tester
A large portion of the community hates this map, and every time it's on about 85% percent of the people in the server start complaining and spamming the chatbox about how gay the map is. Fix the rotation or remove Stygian please.

Agreed , So much Stygian :confused:

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Royalty, stop pulling statistics and percentages out of your ass.

Immanent, that weighting system is implemented since forever, GReaper just asked for feedback to tweak the individual weightings per map. Let's say the community's reaction to that was... suboptimal.

Royalty

The Aussie
Which server are you having problems with?
The US Hotswaps always have Stygian in the rotation too often. So do the JP servers. All the other servers seem ok, as I don't really have a problem with how often Stygian shows up on them.

St3lth

Backend Contributor
So do the JP servers.
No. Stygian pops up after two or three full rotations of small maps. So the fraction of Stygian popping up is either 1/7 or 1/10. Which IMO is perfect. If you do learn to play Stygian it magically becomes a better map.

Karnage

Private Tester
Meh, I hates Stygian. I see it and I groan. Can't say why exactly. Just don't find it fun to play on. Yes, I know, devs want specifics but I am too tired to think about those right now. I just want to suggest that we have an imbalance (through no fault of the devs) because people almost always tend to play on the small maps server and then when it comes to Stygian everyone leaves. Large map servers are, for the most part, neglected for various reasons - one of them being that if you don't have a full server a big map is not fun at all. So I would like to suggest that you include 'medium' maps in the small maps rotation or else have a medium maps server. By medium maps I mean ones where you have the option to get from one base to the other quickly or not, e.g. Core, Sleepwalker, Forgotten and (maybe) Zenith. That way your map rotation is still interesting and you don't have to worry about big maps coming up when you only have a few players playing.

Disci

Old man
Sleepwalker? You do understand how *danced* up map that is? Also I find it funny that you dislike Stygian but then suggest Sleepwalker to be added to rotation.

GReaper

Grumpy
Worst case scenario for Stygian should be a 12.5% chance of it loading after you play FrostByte, if the server has 14 or more players, or you're playing another map - the chances of it loading are even lower.

Some of the options I've got:

- Remove it entirely from small maps servers, if people like it then they can play a large maps servers.
- Reduce the chance of it appearing even further, although if you hate it appearing less than 12% of the time - I doubt you want it at all.
- Set a minimum player count so that it requires 14 players, this also reduces the chance of it loading as servers aren't always full.

Arch

Legions Developer
People hate it due to the cap routes taking more skill and maneuvering to pull them off right. I have no problem with the map at all. It's pretty easy and fun to chase on.

Disci

Old man
People hate it due to the cap routes taking more skill and maneuvering to pull them off right. I have no problem with the map at all. It's pretty easy and fun to chase on.

I like the complainings about llamas being unstoppable. It's so funny that it makes me cry.

Karnage

Private Tester
Sleepwalker? You do understand how *danced* up map that is? Also I find it funny that you dislike Stygian but then suggest Sleepwalker to be added to rotation. What the *dance* is wrong with you guys?
Love Sleepwalker. It's almost the perfect map. Love it even more now that I know you won't be on it.

Disci

Old man
Love Sleepwalker. It's almost the perfect map. Love it even more now that I know you won't be on it.

It doesn't bother you that on Sleepwalker the other side has so much more powerful caproutes and not even talk about the *dancing* huge hill behind the base which other side doesn't have? :) Your trolling isn't working. You just made yourself look dumb. Once again, I might add.

For the sake of your credibility, I hope you were trolling.

Immanent

It doesn't bother you that on Sleepwalker the other side has so much more powerful caproutes and not even talk about the *dancing* huge hill behind the base which other side doesn't have? :) Your trolling isn't working. You just made yourself look dumb. Once again, I might add.

Yeah, the only way that I would counter that is to either have a sniper standing at the back towers watching for them, or run double hofs.
Bases should be redone if put in rotation.

Karnage

Private Tester

Also, one of the bases is far easier to defend than the other but on the whole I like the flow of the map. People enjoy it when they play it. Oh and I love you too.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Worst case scenario for Stygian should be a 12.5% chance of it loading after you play FrostByte, if the server has 14 or more players, or you're playing another map - the chances of it loading are even lower.

Some of the options I've got:

- Remove it entirely from small maps servers, if people like it then they can play a large maps servers.
- Reduce the chance of it appearing even further, although if you hate it appearing less than 12% of the time - I doubt you want it at all.
- Set a minimum player count so that it requires 14 players, this also reduces the chance of it loading as servers aren't always full.

I'd just like to see more elegiac. That map is perfect :(