Rant alert: Taunts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propkid

keyword:

GOOFYDOODE

That guy was constantly spamming taunts and combining them into whole meaningful sentences before the anti-spam patch. I mean constantly, he was microing ctr ctr cti cti cto cto etc. all the time! After the anti-spam chat he perfected his timing to spam as much as possible anyway. He was better at spam than at Legions...

Taught me to ignore. Get over it or adjust your volume to make chat quieter.

EDIT: or was it GoofyDude... I dont remember

Synista

I'm guilty of taunting. Don't do it much unless I'm in the mood (RARE), or I'm having fun for example when I play rabbit I taunt a lot, and normally to trigger me taunting, you'd have to taunt first.
For example.

finesse ate a rocket from "....."
".....": [Haha.]
".....": [Rookie.]
-moments later-
"....." tried to catch a grenade from finesse
finesse: [Owned.]

I like it, I use it has a friendly gesture if I'm close with you, like with Dobson I'd say [Hi.] [Rookie.] and me and Neuchy taunt eachother all the time, we use it as a sign of companionship, doesn't bother me.

Aki

You're already killing and owning them, then you start your combo taunts on them.

This is what pisses me off. I can handle getting owned, and I can handle the occasional taunt. Getting owned and having it shoved in my face makes me want to punch a baby.

I consider an opponent who kicks my ass (which is almost everyone, these days) a healthy thing for me as a player--lets me know where I stand and gives me a goal. But I can't stand those people who act like they're soooo cool 'cause they can MA me (i.e. all taunt spammers). The immaturity of it blinds me to their skill and I fail to learn anything, so I finish the game with the impression of "[player] is an ass hole douche bag" instead of "I hope he's on my team this round." Especially aggravating are those ass holes that spam the taunts even though they're the one that just owned.

The few who offer a taunt or two on their victory and a "Good game" or "well played" on my victory are cool, though. If I had the key presses memorized, I would graciously taunt back.

Darklord

Private Tester
I would love an option to turn off all taunts from being displayed in the chatbox. Too many idiots that are almost exclusively horrible players spam them constantly and make it hard to see important info or people actually talking in the chat box.

Kryst

Private Tester
I have my taunt sounds turned off as well, and just ignore them. Many people like to abuse the taunt system more then what can be respected. There is a time for taunts, and times to just play the game. (If you want to be a respected player, its normally best to not be hostile in chat, ts3 or taunt system).

I have noticed many of the people who do abuse the taunt system are those who have a vendetta out for someone for no reason. Namely for players who are well known in the Legions community.

The funny thing is, these people lose sight of the objective, and end up losing the game because they are too busy trying to look big and tough, and ultimately they just get frowned upon and ruin a name for themselves before it was ever even known.

w00tyou

Seirously? I think this thread has served its purpose, set chatbox to team only to remove annoying *chocolate cookies*, requesting lock.

Shade

Private Tester
The ability to mute individuals would be nice. There's usually a handful of people spamming the taunts, for those who don't like to hear them, they can mute them. For those who still want to hear the taunts, for whatever reason, they can.

Trundle

Hmm, one could say that is another aspect of the game. Attempting to rattle the insecure, not confident or unknowing. Psi-Op's to be dramatic. The ones that just spam taunts even when owned get a tad annoying due to the volume of incoming chat, but...meh?

There is something to be said about the character of a player that taunts a lot. Some of the best I have ever played with rarely taunt, when they do you can feel the camraderie and playfulness.

General rule for me if they spam taunts, usually insecure kids looking for a response. Or a current T1 player. In late twenties (or older ;)). Still insecure. Soldier on and turn the tables, that shuts them up. Then they quit after one loss despite you being beat up for 4 matches and teams have been brutal. Different strokes for different folks.

Frosted

General rule for me if they spam taunts, usually insecure kids looking for a response. Or a current T1 player. In late twenties (or older ;)). Still insecure. Soldier on and turn the tables, that shuts them up. Then they quit after one loss despite you being beat up for 4 matches and teams have been brutal. Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah because I like to press 3 button and make a victory cry after I killed someone I am insecure makes sense.

Vinzyboy23

Well, I don't usually get annoyed by the default voice taunts, but I don't usually stumble with taunt-spammers, but Immanent is one of those guys (no offence, but he's sometimes annoying.) I don't even use quickchat much.

But I sometimes spam (they are not taunts anyway though):
[Woohoo!]
[Shazbot!]
[Good Game!]

Trundle

Yeah because I like to press 3 button and make a victory cry after I killed someone I am insecure makes sense.

Read: Spamming.

Or...do you do that? 'Cause that's a lot of buttons. To press. To show you're mad. While playing a game.

Mots0311

Taunts test the character of a player. Some extremely good players that ridicule and taunt less skilled players shows who they are. Call them a rookie etc when you take them out with 20% health left and watch them rage and cry....its fun :). The ones that consistently own me everytime and never say a word shows much more character and class than any words could.

Moji

Voice chat is inferior until "can anybody get me some more ammo" is added. Can anybody get me some more SHAZBOT?! I like hobo's taunting, makes me feel like he is taunting me to make do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.