Rant alert: Taunts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanent

Being not-too bad a dueller myself, I am guilty of using taunts after killing somebody/or dying myself. There have been quite a few cases of people calling me nasty names and being immature, and also saying I spam taunts.
Well I ask them, why were taunts kept in game by the devs anyway then? TAUNTS.
I feel that people are being very immature, and they know who I am talking about, about it, and only taunt people that I know are able to not bitch about it.

Fixious

Test Lead
I've turned off the voice chat/taunts and rarely pay attention to what the text box says unless it's something about the flag. That usually helps.

the-champ

Being not-too bad a dueller myself, I am guilty of using taunts after killing somebody/or dying myself. There have been quite a few cases of people calling me nasty names and being immature, and also saying I spam taunts.
Well I ask them, why were taunts kept in game by the devs anyway then? TAUNTS.
I feel that people are being very immature, and they know who I am talking about, about it, and only taunt people that I know are able to not bitch about it.
Those people like to overreact like mature,adults and big(uncle :p) players...some of them hardly talk!
Gaming is no fun without talking/having fun with each other.
I know loads of them who overreact,wouldn't like to mention them,but yeah they know i am talking about them ;)

Disci

Old man
I got problems with taunting only when there is no reason for that and unfortunately this happens 99% of time. It's more like spamming than taunting really.

MJ1284

[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]

^
TOTALLY NOT ANNOYING!!

Immanent

Yeah, but you get spam filtered for that. My point is, if you don't like somebody taunting you, turn your chat off and stop whining.

A2

**Player decided to respawn coz' he was at low health and absolutely didn't get killed by anyone

[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Owned!]
[Idiot]
[Idiot]
[Idiot]
[Idiot]
[Rookie!]
[Rookie!]
[Rookie!]

etc...
TOTALLY NOT ANNOYING!!
I see where you are getting.

IMO there must be an option in the menu where we can toggle only taunts on/off. OR toggle global commands On/Off (leaving you with only team commands which are required).

MJ1284

Yeah, but you get spam filtered for that. My point is, if you don't like somebody taunting you, turn your chat off and stop whining.
Oh sure, it's not like you'd miss valuable info by turning off voice chat... oh wait:

[I'm going for enemy flag]
[I'm defending]
[I'm on offense]
[Our base is safe]
[Pass the flag]
[Take the flag from me]

etc...

Mahidhar

I don't understand why people shouldn't get pissed off. Text is one thing, but whenever you say that, people are actually hearing it. That does make a lot of difference. And also, by assuming you're as good a duelist as you say, it means that probably you're saying that to someone every minute.

I used to get pissed off(in IA days) , but don't really care anymore, as I try to pay back people like that with my game play. Just think in their perspective. You're already killing and owning them, then you start your combo taunts on them. How do you think, it'll make them feel? How do you expect them to keep their cool?

I really have no intention to offend you here, but immaturity lies with the one who insults others (either by quickchat, texting or speaking), even though that person has the upper hand in the game. By the way, some people who are posting about having the same problem Immanent is having, just three words for them; Don't Even Start.

These people I know, tend to spam the taunt combos ([Haha!]-[Rookie!]-[Is that your best?]-[Pathetic] as an example) every time they kill a certain person/return the flag/capture it. I don't wanna name them, but I'm pretty sure they know it's them I'm talking about.

And finally, I want to ask the Developers and the Community; Why do we need taunts in the quick chat? Quick Chat needs to be only for positive communication, and never for taunting and frustrating others in a game.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Set the voice chat "team only". This makes you only hear the ones meant for the team (alas, the important ones). Problem solved for you.

Other than that. Voice chat is fun, when not used to just annoy people. Thus I don't personally mute it.

Also when/if community gets deds, this problem will just fly out of the window when admins can be as "assholes" as they want.

Edit: And say what you will. I'm not going to remove a single taunt from the T2 voicepack.

Status
Not open for further replies.