Quickchat

This might be a dumb comment, but I don't really understand what's so hard in putting sounds that are already made in a game and linking it with hotkeys.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
This might be a dumb comment, but I don't really understand what's so hard in putting sounds that are already made in a game and linking it with hotkeys.

Y'all act like we've got this infinite amount of time on our hands. Very little in mod-making is hard for the folks involved; they already know how to do it. But you'd be amazed at how long stuff can take, or how little things can crop up that make you want to plunge a ball peen hammer through your kneecaps and sing the ABCs.

FlyerRadio

I'm fairly certain I read that the reason the quickchat voice sounds aren't in the game is because the sounds are owned by the Tribes (in a legal, copyrighted sense). Tribes and all it's goodies were sold, so no more "TAKE THE FLAG FROM ME!" voice bites in Legions.

Mabeline

God-Tier
I'm fairly certain I read that the reason the quickchat voice sounds aren't in the game is because the sounds are owned by the Tribes (in a legal, copyrighted sense). Tribes and all it's goodies were sold, so no more "TAKE THE FLAG FROM ME!" voice bites in Legions.
The original 3 voice packs from pre-skin patch IA will be making a return. We're not lawyers and don't really have the ability to try to go after the tribes voice packs.

Hopefully the new code will be flexible enough to allow easy custom voice binds that will broadcast properly to anybody with the requisite files, so there's a lot more potential for more complete custom voice packs than there was on IA.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

Partially correct kiddo. The Tribes voices where there, but they have been removed due to licencing and Hi-Rez buying tribes. However, legions came with 3 default voice packs before the introduce of the tribes ones, and they are currently resting in the game files right now.

Unknown

Private Tester
The original 3 voice packs from pre-skin patch IA will be making a return. We're not lawyers and don't really have the ability to try to go after the tribes voice packs.

Hopefully the new code will be flexible enough to allow easy custom voice binds that will broadcast properly to anybody with the requisite files, so there's a lot more potential for more complete custom voice packs than there was on IA.
Mabeline Voice Pack: INCOMING

Fixious

Test Lead

In other words: LOL at IA for trying to keep Tribes sounds out of Legions.

Siantlark

Partially correct kiddo. The Tribes voices where there, but they have been removed due to licencing and Hi-Rez buying tribes. However, legions came with 3 default voice packs before the introduce of the tribes ones, and they are currently resting in the game files right now.
The sarge voice, some other voice and The Snakey voice. (They really couldn't keep the Metal Gear references out of the game could they?)

57thRomance

Mabeline Voice Pack: INCOMING
Good Luck = Don't suck.
Good Job = Thank you for not sucking.
Bad Job = Are you *dancing* *brownie*ting me??
Watch where you're shooting = Don't dick around.
Shucks... = Eric Cartman's super powerful rage in the South Park movie
Cap the flag = Wake up retard, and cap it already!
Return the flag = HELLO? I'M READY TO CAP HERE!
Pass the flag = Gimme the stick, man.

Taunts:
Suck it!
You're a joke.
My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard...

Random:
GIGA PUDDING!!!

More to come ;)

Unknown

Private Tester
Must filter through 15 or so pickups worth of Mabel to find the gold. Any willing helpers who know what I'm looking for (people who know Mabel)?

PM me bitches.

Apcizzle

LOL i love it...

unknown, we gotta make a section labled "moan".. so [VMA] would be one.. [VMW] would be another.. etc.

DOS4/GW

Custom voice packs would be really great, but what do you guys think of running a contest for an 'official' voice pack? Have members of community send in their homemade voices and then pick the best one(s)?

eh? EH?

Y'all act like we've got this infinite amount of time on our hands. Very little in mod-making is hard for the folks involved; they already know how to do it. But you'd be amazed at how long stuff can take, or how little things can crop up that make you want to plunge a ball peen hammer through your kneecaps and sing the ABCs.
Like I already said, I don't know anything about programming, so it's quite normal that I have no idea on how long it takes.