Quickchat

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Like I already said, I don't know anything about programming, so it's quite normal that I have no idea on how long it takes.

Heh heh, fair enough, bud.

Specifically regarding quickchat, there are curious things involved, like text coloring going wonky, or weird escape characters showing up where they're not supposed to. And then you have things like voice picking -- we don't have any sort of player customization in the game yet, so where do we have you pick which voice you want to use? Plus, we want to make it extensible so folks can use their own voice packs without overwriting other folks' packs or the defaults. How do we go about doing that?

Usually, the actual programming's fairly mundane. But solving all the different aspects of a problem? That's where the challenge lies.

Unknown

Private Tester
LOL i love it...

unknown, we gotta make a section labled "moan".. so [VMA] would be one.. [VMW] would be another.. etc.
  • Moan
  • Moan 2
  • Moan 3
  • Moan 4
  • Moan 5
  • Girly Squeal
  • Girly Squeal 2
  • Squeak
  • Squeak 2
  • Squeak 3
  • Squeak 4
The list goes on and on.

Custom voice packs would be really great, but what do you guys think of running a contest for an 'official' voice pack? Have members of community send in their homemade voices and then pick the best one(s)?

eh? EH?
Exactly what I was thinking as I read this thread. Community-made voice packs would be amazing. Possibly even better than the voice packs before.

Apcizzle

i already have the best custom made one... though the mabel one may compete.

skipjagger's unreleased ghetto pack.

Reactions: Sin