New Game - MIDAIR

Armageddon

Teapot
It looks all well and good but it seems like the projectile velocity is off to me. The disc seemed really slow and the nades... man not one nade MA in 22 mins, thats a sign. The chaingun seemed on point or maybe just a little to fast/accurate. I hate to say it but i think im most excited about the stupid floating rocks.. if they could be placed to assist on higher altitude routes and have carved slopes or curves i think that could be a really different aspect from other fps games, it would ephisise good route form to reach thoes "special stones".

#Pencilwrists

OmniNept

Actionaut
3:32 AM - OmniNept: think the omni consensus was that it looks surprisingly polished, graphics wise
3:32 AM - OmniNept: apart from those stupid balloon hands
3:32 AM - Fire: lol yea
3:32 AM - OmniNept: and we're happy they have something decent looking
3:32 AM - Fire: they were a lot nicer in person toho
3:32 AM - OmniNept: but it's waaaaaay too linear and floaty for us to bother with it

scoot

It does seem pretty floaty... I was hoping the freedom of movement would be a bit more like legions, especially considering it pretty much started as legions 2, but I'm still looking forward to playing it.

k e v i n

Private Tester
It does seem pretty floaty... I was hoping the freedom of movement would be a bit more like legions, especially considering it pretty much started as legions 2, but I'm still looking forward to playing it.
I also agree, I thought it would have been a bit more similar to legions. Especially when dueling someone off or being LO. It looks like if you wanted to LO, you just shoot grenades/mortors at the stand cause side to side (freedom of) movement looks limited.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
mr_bean_eats_a_chocolate_cake_while_a_tank_runs_ov_by_mechpilot524-d61vkwa.gif

Disci

Old man
Pre-alpha...

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
That buzzword gets thrown around more than cancer was during Rougey's best days.
I wonder how many people left here will actually remember that.

And I too, would love to hear what people define as "floaty" because it seems nearly everyone I ask has a different definition, so it would help to nail it down.

scoot

Fair enough. From PAX feedback on reddit,

Q: Some people said the game seemed too "floaty". Is this just more physics tuning?
Mabel: It's a mix of different causes. The first thing you learn when figuring out a game like this is that they are very floaty. You can do a whole lot of things that result in you slowly floating through the air for a really long time.

"floating through the air for a really long time" is pretty close to what I was thinking. This probably has to do with what seems like lower gravity in midair compared to legions and the lack of downjets. That said, I realize that this is something that can only be fully "felt" through actually playing the game.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I'd rather it be 'floaty' than have to resort to the adadadaadada cancer that is dueling in T:A. I'd also rather not play legions all over again.

scoot

I'd rather it be 'floaty' than have to resort to the adadadaadada cancer that is dueling in T:A.

I'd say adadada dueling mostly has to do with chain balance, but it's actually worse in floatier games, all else equal. The reason people adadada chain duel in Tribes Ascend is that you easily get one-clipped if you're in the air. Legions doesn't have this problem due to chain spread and overheating, and downjetting allows you to get out of the air if someone is trying to chain you.

I'd also rather not play legions all over again.

Nothing wrong with borrowing good elements from good games. It's certainly not going to be just like legions.

Fixious

Test Lead
Those who played it never said it felt floaty, but instead the opposite. You also have pretty much 0 air control without using jets. At the moment it really doesn't sound anything like Legions other than having jetpacks and skiing, and if you've been following the game you should know this by now. 0 chance of it having Overdrive, downjet doesn't sound likely either. Chasing seemed to be an issue many brought up during the PAX build, which the devs are addressing. Seem to be putting more effort into art than physics, which is (very) worrisome with a game like this but I could likely be wrong.

To be honest I'm not really sure why a Legions player would be all that interested in MA. The devs are leaning towards a T1/T2C remake, while Legions is a very stripped down version of those games. The simplicity and movement of Legions is what most people enjoy(ed), neither of which will really be present in the same form in MA. Different movement, more complex gameplay with assets and armors, very little air control, no regen. Don't expect Legions 2, even if it started out as that.

Also see FishStix's thoughts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm..._like_game_coming_soon_pax_prime_2015/cv8823q

Armageddon

Teapot
Reinventing the wheel, Everything so far that has been seen has been compared to a tribes game. What sets this apart is what everyone wants to know or see. So far the game looks like a very lightly modded T1 server, thats not very appealing.

The name is generic.
The art is generic.
The concept is generic.

You've got to have something new that sets it apart from just being a clone. Even legions has those physics/items that people say "yeah it's like tribes but you can do X" with MA there is no X.