New Game - MIDAIR

k e v i n

Private Tester
Here's a question, why are there rocks in the sky? or at least it looks like a rock above that purple tree. Other than that (even including that), it looks really cool.

Royalty

The Aussie
First off, the artwork looks great. The player model looks weird, but I know everything is a WIP, so not going to overly judge that.

A couple of questions for the dev team, hopefully you guys are able to answer as many of them as possible.

What kind of graphics/system requirement we looking at? For the sake of comparison, are we talking significantly lower specs to run the game on ultra settings compared to T:A? Or too early to tell?

Any chance we will get a low fire rate, heavy impact, bow-like weapon? Like the Bolt Launcher in T:A, but a bow, not a crossbow? *my fantasy*

In terms of the closed beta, can we expect that many of the long-time players from this forum will be invited? I'd love to playtest - any issues with high-ping (Aussie) players doing so?

I'm so excited to play the hell out of this :)

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, quite enjoying the aesthetic. I'd much rather play a multiplayer game that's bright and vibrant versus something darker and moodier. And quite enjoying the foliage, those are some pretty trees.

The model looked good, not sure how I felt about the Arabian/MC Hammer-style pants, but I'm sure there will be adjustments and more options later on. And really, as long as you don't put Hammer pants on the heavy, we won't have an issue.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
That reload animation looks somewhat funky.

Yar, it's still early so I'm sure they will improve it. At this point, it reminds me of a soft caress than a reload of the weapon (at least for the Ringlauncher, looked better on the chaingun).

Still, very impressed what I had seen, the way the team was hiding the game, I figured it would look a lot rougher than what it did.

I'm guessing there isn't any downjet. But would it be possible for the devs to include the option in case people who host or rent their servers could include it if they want to?

Jello

Contributor
In the video below I feel like the way he fired the second rocket looked weird to me and I feel like the hang time was a little too much when he rocket jumped, in legions it's very short like a sec or two but in Midair it looks like a 5 sec hang time (just my personal opinion) but I haven't played the game so I cant really say anything. Skiing looks *dancing* fantastic though and that map looks smooth as hell, If I may ask will players be able to make maps? :oops:

I've never been wrong about these things but my thoughts on a release date would be around Summer 2016 if not Fall 2016 (may or may not take that long) :p

https://twitter.com/ArchetypeGames/status/637762431863795712

Fixious

Test Lead
The first weapon is actually a grenade launcher and has an arc, so it isn't meant to go in a straight line. They've confirmed user-made maps will be supported.

Armageddon

Teapot
Looks pretty good. I don't mind the color palette but it's getting close to T:Vs style/color/clean/brightness garbage.
By the looks of it the movement looks like T1/T2 jetting and T:V/LO ski/hover that would be great :)
Also noticed CG has an iron sight, can we zoom with it and go full IS?