New Game - MIDAIR

Application-1

test bester
I would like to see a one time payment model + free on the side. Could grind *chocolate cookies* or pay x amount for everything the game has now and will have in the future. If it's not that then I would like to see a one time payment model aswell.

k e v i n

Private Tester
The one time payment would help them. But I hope you'd still be able to play a portion of the game for free to at least attract new players. I know I like to play some sort of a demo before I go about spending money. If I have to pay for a game before I try it, then i'll just move "on to the next one".

Defender

Yea, if they are going to charge for the game, they need a playable demo or locked version, else it wont work, just my opinion.
Blockland, gives you an activation number, that's sent by email after you pay, you enter it, and the demo version becomes the full version.
Not sure if people can just share the activation number, to not pay, get full version access and play on the live servers at the same time. I think most people are honest, and I doubt that many people will want to not pay and support the game if its worth it, after playing a demo...

Last edited:

57thEnryu

Ok, gonna say this now, do not, I repeat DO NOT make it so you have to buy things in game, go after the tf2 model of "yeah, you can buy this item, or you could earn it in game". With that said I don't knowif that's the route you are going, I just don't want to see it where you have to buy something in order to get something, be it skins, models, etc.

Fixious

Test Lead
The Dota 2 model is arguably the best F2P one out there. The only things you can buy are cosmetics (afaik, I don't play it. Mabel liked it though). Still, if the model blocks us from hosting our own servers, or just completely blocks out modding (either clientside or serverside), then they won't get a dime from me. I might still play it like I did with T:A, but I never gave them any money.

Its admittedly a snobby attitude to have, especially for a small indie company, but I despise the F2P model and wish it a painful death.

I would like to see a one time payment model + free on the side. Could grind *chocolate cookies* or pay x amount for everything the game has now and will have in the future. If it's not that then I would like to see a one time payment model aswell.

This is probably what it will be. A F2P or buy once hybrid. Grind to get the stuff for pay for it all at once. Smite has this model and I think they even put it in *Tribes: Ass-End* like a year after release.

DotA 2 would be the dream model but it requires a large initial playerbase to produce the community content or a large art department to churn out lots of high quality assets.

Defender

Guess I missed something, But all this talk about charging money seems foolish so early, for a project that probably has no substantial budget, resources, to make a game worthy of paying a lot for.. I thought this was being made by a small group of legions devs, and maybe some new, who are making a new indi game inspired by legions/tribes?

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
They've been working on it for 2 years, and moved in together to create an actual game studio. They're smaller than other game studios, but it isn't just 3 or 4 guys working on it during weekends. A rough estimate would be around 7-8 altogether, perhaps more. It's a fairly serious project. They aren't bound by licensing issues so they'll surely charge for it so they can make some money off their work. Whether or not it'll be worth paying for, who knows.

Defender

Guess they got to remain positive, because of the high risk, I would not quit my day job, or personally borrow a lot of money to fund this indie project.
Nice read >>> link

Last edited:

Fixious

Test Lead
Wait, moved in together? so does archetype actually have a studio location? Tours will be required.
I don't really have all the information. I know BugsPray, Mabel and Fahren are all together in an apartment. Not sure if there's anyone else on location.

Royalty

The Aussie
I know it's probably too early to ask, but has anyone heard any whispers of plans to also release the game on Mac?

I only have my Mac for now, so depending on release date I may be grounded for a while! Either way, I probably won't be able to commit to the game for a while, just because of school.

---

In terms of a payment model, I'd like to see something either like DOTA/Smite, or just a pay-once model with extras unlocked via EXP.

I'll just be happy to see the game released though, not too fussed.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I don't really have all the information. I know BugsPray, Mabel and Fahren are all together in an apartment. Not sure if there's anyone else on location.

Wait, like living in an apartment together or working together in a studio apartment? Because if they were all living together, there's no way BugsPray would be able to bring women home without those freakshows scaring them away.

Defender

Maybe they just split the cost of a hooker, its probably cheaper than wine and dining some chicks, with no guarantee of anything after money spent..

Last edited: