New Game - MIDAIR

57thEnryu

high-technology-rumors.gif

UE4Logo.png
say what?!

Armageddon

Teapot
Maybe im the only one that has never been a fan of the unreal engines.

Every game i've played on the Unreal engines has felt twitch shooter-ish and gloppy movement-like, 2 things i'd hate to see in the new game.
Maybe im use to how torque handles those systems and how they have always catered to the FPSZ genre.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah I've personally never played a UT game, but any sort of game from that era would be very welcome. Game development studios just don't realise that there is a huge demand for these sort of high skillcap fps games and its really sad. There's a reason people are still playing quake live. The closest we got to any sort of high skillcap game from a modern studio before this was T:A of all things and look how that turned out. I have hopes for UT4 but don't get your hopes up too high, there's a huge chance it could be terrible.

Every game i've played on the Unreal engines has felt twitch shooter-ish

I personally like a large degree of twitch shooting in these sorts of games, but I agree it shouldn't be a defining factor.

Maybe im the only one that has never been a fan of the unreal engines.

Every game i've played on the Unreal engines has felt twitch shooter-ish and gloppy movement-like, 2 things i'd hate to see in the new game.
Maybe im use to how torque handles those systems and how they have always catered to the FPSZ genre.

There's definitely been problems with UE games in the past. But with the new UE4, they give you the engine source code so you can change every little bit of the game you're making. Previously, this cost thousands of dollars to get licensed. They are also releasing the updated source code for every new game they come out with. So like the new Unreal Tournament they just started making a few weeks ago, you can already go and play what they have working. You can watch them make the game and learn from how they change and tweak their engine.