MW3 or BF3

Whst's your choice

• Total voters

Sn0w

Got BF3 today. First impression: wtf. Buggiest game I ever played; only 1 out of 5 attempts to join a server works, game crashes randomly, dead people tend to 'freeze' and look like if they are alive, random (once per few rounds) non-latency lag.
Most of the servers are 32 or 64 people playing Conquest with or without vehicles. With vehicles the game is dead boring as only the ones that get in them get to be the game changers, without vehicles the game is full of goddamn actual campers. Respawn options suck: I either respawn up ass and run 30s to the battlefield or respawn on a squad member and get pinned down. Respawning on flag is an almost certain death to campers ;/

Ooh, and to get a sensible sniper rifle I need to play with a crappy, 3-4 shots-to-kill rifle. Shotgun is really fun though.
Hope my impression changes, cos I just ragequit after the last crash.

I had issues like this.

First, what graphics card do you have currently? This game made me realize I need to update mine (Geforce 9800 GT. I know! I know! I should have known better!)

Second.. Are your drivers up to date? As in... have you updated them within the past two weeks? that made a big difference for me as well.

Either way, good luck working all the problems out. The game is fantastic once you get past them.

Propkid

Did I say that Origin is incredibly slow and annoying?
Oh and QuickMatch doesn't ever work.

EDIT: New bug!! Every time I try to join a server I get an 'game running in the background needs to be closed' error...

RainPilot

stinky bear
I was having a few crashes until I changed my main clock under 100 (it was 103) which fixed everything, I also just updated all my drivers, haven't had a problem since.

The noobs are kinda disadvantaged at fire because they have bad weapons and no attachments, my best advice is to just play with combat shotgun until you get a nice weapon. It's usually 1 shot kill and is awesome when you get the 12G frag rounds and IRNV scope. Or you can go into a 16 man server and just capture flags without worrying about a squad hunting you down.

Royalty

The Aussie
IDK why. Just something I did when I was bored...
battlefiled3.png

Mots0311

I'm new to both games but have more experience with MW2. I played battlefield3 in beta only and really liked it. It felt more realistic. I could suppress someone while others worked around them. Generally a "front" would be formed that covered a players right and left flanks as you advanced, communication is key in this game. MW3 pisses me off to no end, its more chaotic with people just running around all over the place. They also made the M203 weaker, for noobs like me the 203 got me some good quality kills, plus there was a certain satisfaction of the "THUMP","BOOM!" I got from it. However quick scoping abilities are still possible. WTF? I guess the M203 was seen as the Legions Mortars. It just dealt to much death to easily.