Lou Castle quits Zynga after nine months

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Castle found out that Zynga was pregnant with his child and was about to deliver, so he bailed.

Sin

Private Tester
Zynga? Facebook games? Oh no. Whatever will we do!!?!!?
Oh look a new version of nyancat.

I thought I recognized Zynga. My friend used to play the heck out of farmville.. I was forced to make one after that. Fortunately after that fire died I never got on it again. Screw you, brother pig.

GameDevMich

Honored Hero
Time for a C-C-C-C-Combo breaker! Lou isn't a "dick". He's actually a really good guy who cared a lot about the company and the people working in it. I get that everyone here had a strong love of InstantAction and Legions. I also understand the easiest target will always be the CEO, but as an insider I can tell you your aim is off. Before and after the shutdown, he did a lot to keep people employed.

I won't say the IA shutdown hit him as hard as it did the rest of us, the ones who moved to Las Vegas and were stranded. However, I know he did his best to try and keep the ship afloat. Sure, I would have appreciated a little more attention and "love" for the Torque team…but there was a lot going on and IAC was not interested in our game engine tech. Lou had to focus on what IAC wanted him to focus on, which is to be expected in the situation.

I can tell you with honesty and certainty, the problems occurred above and below Lou, so if you have any logic you would not demonize him after reading my words.

Abandoned

Time for a C-C-C-C-Combo breaker! Lou isn't a "dick". He's actually a really good guy who cared a lot about the company and the people working in it. I get that everyone here had a strong love of InstantAction and Legions. I also understand the easiest target will always be the CEO, but as an insider I can tell you your aim is off. Before and after the shutdown, he did a lot to keep people employed.

I won't say the IA shutdown hit him as hard as it did the rest of us, the ones who moved to Las Vegas and were stranded. However, I know he did his best to try and keep the ship afloat. Sure, I would have appreciated a little more attention and "love" for the Torque team…but there was a lot going on and IAC was not interested in our game engine tech. Lou had to focus on what IAC wanted him to focus on, which is to be expected in the situation.

I can tell you with honesty and certainty, the problems occurred above and below Lou, so if you have any logic you would not demonize him after reading my words.

I guess we need someone else to blame then. ;)

Fixious

Test Lead
All I know about Lou is that death seems to follow him.

Also, Fixious doesn't seem to like him.
Well, without getting too deep in that whole discussion again...

Hated what happened to IA. Hated that PlayTribes died. Happy he gave the IP to another company(even I don't think he knew how badly HiRez would buttboink Tribes). I haven't thought about the man for quite a while until I saw that article the other day. Crash and I had a nice brief chat about it.

Overall, I'm fine with the man. Just sucks what happened and it doesn't really look like he knows what he wants to do these days.