Lou Castle quits Zynga after nine months

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Time for a C-C-C-C-Combo breaker! Lou isn't a "dick". He's actually a really good guy who cared a lot about the company and the people working in it. I get that everyone here had a strong love of InstantAction and Legions. I also understand the easiest target will always be the CEO, but as an insider I can tell you your aim is off. Before and after the shutdown, he did a lot to keep people employed.

I won't say the IA shutdown hit him as hard as it did the rest of us, the ones who moved to Las Vegas and were stranded. However, I know he did his best to try and keep the ship afloat. Sure, I would have appreciated a little more attention and "love" for the Torque team…but there was a lot going on and IAC was not interested in our game engine tech. Lou had to focus on what IAC wanted him to focus on, which is to be expected in the situation.

I can tell you with honesty and certainty, the problems occurred above and below Lou, so if you have any logic you would not demonize him after reading my words.

Mich... Always bringing the knowledge.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
After meeting him in person (summer 2010), observing how he handled interviews and the stuff surrounding them, and briefly talking about the awesome stuff he did in the past (Lands of Lore and Dune II amongst other things), all I can say is that he appeared to be a nice and funny guy. With some (more or less) dead companies in his wake. ;)

Propkid

The awkward moment when you realize you've been stalking the guy and shitstorming him on these forums for no reason...

GameDevMich

Honored Hero
All I know about Lou is that death seems to follow him.

Also, Fixious doesn't seem to like him.
Hmm, I think that's a little dramatic. There were core problems before he joined on, but I will not go into details.

Are you sure about that? I think I might know better =)

*buzzztt shifting target buzzztt* New target achieved and locked:- GameDevMich

Launching "It's all your fault" missile...
Haha! This made me smile a great deal. Must show this to the others in the office =)

Well, without getting too deep in that whole discussion again...

Hated what happened to IA. Hated that PlayTribes died. Happy he gave the IP to another company(even I don't think he knew how badly HiRez would buttboink Tribes). I haven't thought about the man for quite a while until I saw that article the other day. Crash and I had a nice brief chat about it.

Overall, I'm fine with the man. Just sucks what happened and it doesn't really look like he knows what he wants to do these days.
I'm sure such a chat did occur. I know you are one of the few who received insider information after the shutdown, though I do not know what angles you might have been privy to. I think Crash and I had some similar opinions. Just as a disclaimer, I do not know what everyone's current state of mind is regarding the shutdown. I'm just posting my perspective.

Redvan

Private Tester
even I don't think he knew how badly HiRez would buttboink Tribes).

Is tribes buttboinked? If so, sounds hawt.

But honestly, have enough people played it to make that determination? Or perhaps it just isn't what the Tribes "elite" were expecting? I certainly hope the "elite" can adapt... if they cant, they sure as hell aren't elite.

Fixious

Test Lead
Is tribes buttboinked? If so, sounds hawt.

But honestly, have enough people played it to make that determination? Or perhaps it just isn't what the Tribes "elite" were expecting? I certainly hope the "elite" can adapt... if they cant, they sure as hell aren't elite.

It's...bad. I don't even know where to begin, honestly. How much do you know about it so far?

Redvan

Private Tester
It's...bad. I don't even know where to begin, honestly. How much do you know about it so far?
Not much. I did preorder and do plan on giving it a shot though. I don't expect it to be like Tribes, whether that's good or bad, I've yet to determine.

Propkid

I think everyone is gonna try. But I also think that everyone has seen the gameplay and thought that it looks... just not like it.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

You should write a post detailing your awful experiences and make us not want to play the game. At least then we all know what we're going into if we pre-order.

GameDevMich

Honored Hero
Serial killer?

Kd6jr.jpg