Let's talk about the current clusters

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

I was referring to the fact that he tests the mini-changes only in the American test server, whereas I'd love to see them trialed in the Euro one as well before the change is fully published in all test servers :(

Immanent

I was referring to the fact that he tests the mini-changes only in the American test server, whereas I'd love to see them trialed in the Euro one as well before the change is fully published in all test servers :(
Yeah well life sucks because it's unfair. I had to test it out in 270 ping so... :(
I'm assuming that this would be easier if the euro's had more available devs or PTs to test this.

Immanent

You cannot reduce something to more than what it was.
Reduce the max potential damage ( from the old cluster which is 1 hit KO on outrider) to slightly more than what it does now (60ish% on all other outriders on every public test server apart from Illinois).

Immanent

Also, are boost grenades supposed to detonate the clusters in mid air if before shooting the Cluster? Because it's effing annoying. I'm sure there is some minimum damage requirement for it to auto detonate.

skypredator

I'm liking the new GLII, but the old GLII was alright as well. Considering I've taken out a lot of cappers with direct (and I mean every bomblet hit them) mid-air cluster hits with both weapons, I like them both. But I like the new GLII much more than the old one for a few simple reasons: The bomblets don't fizzle after a reaching certain distance, the grenade doesn't blow up after reaching a certain distance, and if I can accurately use the GLII, it's more deadly than the GLII, because instead of having 6 (I think it was 6. Correct me if I am wrong) bomblets, it has three (Or four? I'm sorry, I honestly don't remember. =]) bomblets. This means that the entire payload of the Cluster Grenade is contained within a smaller amount of bomblets, thus, each bomblet is much more powerful than before. The tighter spread makes for more accurate shots. Just my opinion. =]

Immanent

The bomblets don't fizzle after a reaching certain distance,
Amen.

if I can accurately use the GLII, it's more deadly than the GLII, because instead of having 6 (I think it was 6. Correct me if I am wrong) bomblets, it has three (Or four? I'm sorry, I honestly don't remember. =]) bomblets.
Uh... Did you actually count the bomblets upon release of the GL2? Or is that what you saw just bouncing out of a GL2 mine. Because Clusters released just prior to touching the ground give off more, I'm quite sure.

I also suggest boost nades blow away clusters.
-.- Yes, let boost nades also blow up other boost nades and frag nades, and all other projectiles withing a 20 meter radius. Good job!

skypredator

Amen.

Uh... Did you actually count the bomblets upon release of the GL2? Or is that what you saw just bouncing out of a GL2 mine. Because Clusters released just prior to touching the ground give off more, I'm quite sure.

Can I get a Hallelujah, Brotha! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I was tired when I posted last night. I meant to say that the new GLII is much more lethal than the old GLII, if you can score direct hits most of the time. Lower number of bomblets = more damage within each bomblet and less spread. I actually have no idea how many bomblets were emitted from the old Cluster grenades or the new ones. All I know is that the new Cluster grenades have a smaller amount of bomblets. :D

I've really gotta stop posting late at night. :confused: